Sunday, August 10, 2014

Family Matters by Heather Tullis



Synopsis:

Rosemary Keogh considers herself pretty adaptable—she dealt with her father’s death-bed edict that she move across the country to work at his latest hotel with five half-sisters, (most of whom she hadn’t known existed) hadn’t she? She settled into the routine, even grew to like most of them, but when tragedy leaves her birth daughter parentless—and she is named as the guardian—her world spins again.

Trying to raise a nine-year-old who shares her spunk and determination isn’t always an easy thing. When Rosemary starts having mysterious ‘accidents,’ though, her worries shift from being a bad mother to leaving her daughter an orphan yet again.

Adding to the confusion, Harrison Forest, head of the resort’s human resources department, decides it’s time to shift their relationship from semi-adversarial to something a whole lot more interesting. Can they get past the roadblocks she’s been throwing in their way to make things work? More importantly, will she survive that long?


My Review: 4 Stars

I really enjoyed Family Matters. It was a cute read and I finally got Rosemary's story! :)

So what's her story?! Rosemary had a daughter that she gave up for adoption. Rosemary was extremely close with the adoptive parents and was able to still be in Cleo's life but more as a family friend. She was shocked to find out that she was named as Cleo's legal guardian if anything were to happen to the adoptive parents. Sadly, something DID happen to them and watching Cleo go through everything that she did broke my heart! I felt so bad for that little girl! :(

I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't as much friction between Harrison and Rosemary before Cleo came into the picture. They were constantly at each other's throats in the other 3 books that I was expecting a little of that to carry over into this one so that you could really see why they were the way they were. You get little glimpses here and there but really it's them realizing what the root of the problem is and working on fixing it.

Rosemary has never, ever been told I love you from what I gathered. To her she is a meal ticket for her mother and a dirty secret to her father. She really, really needed love and that's where Cleo's adoptive parents came into the picture. They were really the only constant that she had in her life. She could never go do anything with her father because if anyone found out it would be a major scandal. I think Harrison was the first person to ever tell her I love you and actually mean it! Big kudos for Harrison! He is amazing! He knew really early on that Rosemary was the one for him and had to be extremely careful to not freak her out about it. He moved slow so that she could get used to the idea and actually BELIEVE that someone wants her in their life. So far I think Rosemary is the most screwed up in the entire bunch.

The bad guy in this story REALLY ticked me off!! I had a real problem with them going after an 9 year old girl!! Ugh!! Everyone thought that they were after Rosemary but really it was Cleo. That poor little girl really was put through the ringer in this book. Thank goodness for Harrison!! He was amazing with her!! I really loved him!!

All in all I liked Rosemary's story. Sage's is still my favorite but Rosemary's is my 2nd favorite!

Can't wait to carry on with this series. Delphi's story is next. I think I know her secret and it's definitely going to be hard for the hero to break through her tough shell. We shall see... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment