Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday Munchies - Week 1



I have been trying to decide which recipe to share first. It's been really hard because one of the recipes I literally created in honor of Shannon's Love and Dessert trilogy and the other one I recreated from her yummy description in My Sweetheart. After going back and forth between the two and talking to the other gals I decided that I would start off with the recipe I created!

A little back story on these scrumptious cookies! I was unemployed and had lots and lots of time on my hands! I got a hold of Shannon's Love and Dessert Trilogy and I just could NOT put it down! I literally read it like 3 or 4 times in just a couple of months. The more I read it, the more I wanted to start baking again! And since Shannon's books helped me through a tough time in my life... what better way to say thanks for helping me get through this then by creating cookies in her honor! After several attempts and a few guinea pigs I finally perfected the recipe! But sadly.. I did NOT have a name for it! So I decided to come up with a few names and then let my friends and other Shannon fans decide on what the name would be. A few days later Fircrest's Sweet Temptations were born! And let me tell you... they are DELICIOUS!!

So without further adieu... here is the recipe!  

Fircrest's Sweet Temptations


1 cup real butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking sode
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 small package instant vanilla pudding
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup coconut
1 cup Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar together. Mix in eggs. Mix in baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Mix in vanilla pudding. Mix in flour. Mix in coconut and oats. Mix in chocolate and butterscoth chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes.. no longer. Let sit on baking sheet for about 5 minutes and then move to cooling rack. Store in container.


And there you have it folks!! My creation to honor Shannon and all the Fircrest characters that I love so very much!! If you decide to make these, please let us know what you think! I hear they are extremely delicious and I, myself, love them... but we may just be kinda bias here... ;) Hehe.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment