Sunday, May 3, 2015

Art & Soul by Brittany C. Cherry


Synopsis:

I had always been the invisible art student in high school. Passed by. Glossed over. Unnoticed. Now I was Aria Watson… that girl.

After one bad decision, and being labeled a slut, I was no longer unseen. I was the whore. The ignoramus. The tramp. I would never be invisible again.

Particularly to Levi Myers. He was the odd boy with the beautiful soul who accepted and understood the broken girl inside me.

Falling in love wasn’t the plan. But how could I resist his promises of hope? Of forgiveness? Of a future I had stopped dreaming of? We were shattered. We were scarred. We were something strange and beautiful.

We were two lost souls holding on to the only thing that could keep us together.

Each other.

My Review: 4 Stars

Aria and Levi are both broken in their own ways. They each have things that they are going through. Each trying to make the best of a bad situation. Neither of them feel like they have anyone to turn to... anyone who will understand.. anyone who will just be there for them. That is until they realize that they can be that for each other.

One of my favorite quotes from the book is from Aria's point of view and I just had to share it because it pretty much sums everything up! :)

"Maybe it wasn't about fixing the broken hearts. Maybe it was about loving the broken pieces the way they were. Maybe when someone you loved was hurting, all they needed was someone to hold their pinkie as a reminder that they weren't alone."

While I absolutely LOVED Art & Soul there were just some things that stopped me from giving the full 5 stars that I wanted to give! There were just a few too many crude one liners that I didn't care for and way too many F-bombs and other curse words for my liking. If there was an edited version of this book I would be recommending it to ALL my friends! But alas... there are just a few I can recommend this one too. :(

But I am glad that I decided to just push through and read the book despite the things that I did not like. It really was an amazing book! It really makes you think about life and what you see on the outside isn't always what's on the inside. Just because someone looks happy, doesn't mean they are. Just because someone looks strong, doesn't mean they are. Just because someone's life seems perfect, doesn't mean it is. We all have struggles, we all have moments of despair, we all feel unloved and unwanted at times. It really makes you think about life and how we never know what another person is going through. We should all treat each other with kindness... with unconditional love... with respect. You just never know when your actions... your smile... your love will be just what someone is needing in that point in time. <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment