Sunday, June 28, 2015

Me Tarzan -- You Jane by Camelia Miron Skiba



Synopsis:

Moving on doesn’t always have to mean goodbye.

Widowed makeup artist Jane Sullivan is more comfortable keeping her husband's memory alive than dating a pool full of sharks. Ella, her 4 year-old daughter, is her whole world.

When Jane meets Lucas Oliver, famous cover model, it’s hate at first sight. His playboy persona rubs her the wrong way.

Accustomed to every woman fawning over him, Lucas is drawn to the shy, uncompromising single mom and completely melts at the sight of Ella. He is determined to convince Jane that sometimes a second chance can mend a broken heart.

My Review: 4 Stars

After Jane's husband dies her whole world becomes Ella, her 4 year old daughter. She's a makeup artist who lives in the past to keep her husband's memory alive. She doesn't believe in second chances. She thinks that she can only have one true love and is perfectly fine with living alone for the rest of her life.

When she meets Lucas it's hate at first sight. She thinks that he's an entitled, conceited jerk who always gets his way when it comes to what he wants. She can't stand him and does anything and everything to stay far away from him.

Lucas has never met anyone like Jane before. He's used to women who fall at his feet but when Jane goes out of her way to avoid him, he becomes intrigued. When he meets her daughter, Ella, she melts his heart and wraps him around her little finger. He was seriously so cute with her! I loved all their interactions and they melted my heart more than once. Seriously. Adorable!

Jane and Lucas definitely got off to a rocky start. But when they have to stay in the same guest house while on a trip to Paris for Madame V, they slowly start to get to know each other and become friends. Things happen that bring them closer together. I enjoyed seeing them go from disliking each other, to friends, to falling in love.

Of course since they got off to a rocky start, you just know that their relationship is not going to be any easier. Outside forces definitely play a roll in turning their lives upside down even more. Can they weather the outside elements and stay together? Or will it prove to be too much? Will Jane's original thought of no second chances keep them apart?

Yes I enjoyed the book. Yes I couldn't put it down. So why the 4 star review? There were parts of the story that really weren't explained. Characters that would randomly show up out of no where and you were supposed to know who they are. I did get a bit confused a time or two and ended up going back a few times to see if I had missed something. Another reason would have to be because of one of my biggest pet peeves... the book just ended! Grrrr. I seriously hate that! I need closure people! Even if it's just a one or two paragraph epilogue. Just give me something... please?! Lol.

This was my first book by this author and I think I will be checking out some of her other books. Who knows... I just might end up with another author added to my favorites list. :)

Content: Some language throughout the book. Sexual content (non descriptive implied sex, fade to black).

And of course I can't forget my favorite part of reviewing... my casting choices!! ;) This one was a bit harder for me because the hero kept changing on me! One minute I would see one guy and the next it was someone totally different! I hate it when they do that to me! It's just so rude!! ;) Haha.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment