Friday, July 24, 2015

Hope(less) by Melissa Haag


Synopsis:

Gabby's brain is like a human fish finder. It comes in handy when she wants to avoid people. Mostly men. They seem to like her a bit too much. It's lonely being different, but she's adapted to it. Really. She just wishes she knew why she is different, though.

In her search for answers, she discovers a hidden community of werewolves. She immerses herself in their culture, learning about their world until she meets Clay. He's unkempt, prone to mood swings, intense without saying a word, and he thinks Gabby is his.

It's going to take every trick she knows to convince Clay to go away, and every bit of willpower not to fall for him when she discovers the man beneath the rough exterior.

Judgement has begun...

My Review: 4 Stars

Gabby lost her family when she was young and has grown up in foster care. She is different from everyone else. She has a second sight that gives her the ability to see the people around her. When she focuses, she can see tiny sparks of light that tells her the exact location of others. It comes in handy a lot. Especially when she is around men. You see she has this strange pull when it comes to them. It's like they are drawn to her and they don't know why. They just have to be near her and have to try and win her over. She is not comfortable with that at all and tries her best to stay far away from them.

On her way home one night she meets an older gentleman named Sam who has a different color of light than everyone else. There is just something different about him... little did she know what it was. Right before her eyes he turns into a werewolf. She kind of freaks out but stays because she is curious and thinks he might have some of the answers she has been looking for.

Over the next couple of months she spends time with Sam getting to know more about him and about werewolves. They learn that Gabby is very special. She is what is known as a compatible with the werewolves. There is only one other human that they know of besides her. Eventually she moves into Sam's house so that he can protect her and continue to help her. The only stipulation is that she has to go to the werewolves compound every 6 weeks and has informal "introductions" to unmated males. Sam's hope is that she will find her mate. Gabby's hope is that she won't. She just has to do this until she graduates. She has plans to go to college, be independent, make her own choices.. she just wants to be free and figure out who she really is.    

On her last trip to the compound she meets Clay and feels that instant pull that Sam was always telling her would happen when she meets her mate. He is hairy, moody and doesn't speak. Gabby tries her hardest not to acknowledge it because she is completely against being claimed. She does NOT want to lose her soon to be freedom. She has worked too hard for it!

She finally moves away to college and what do you know... Clay the werewolf shows up in her backyard! He is bound and determined to keep her safe and he WILL wear her down... ;) I thought I would have a hard time believing that Gabby and Clay would actually work out because the man seriously does not talk throughout the entire book! It was kind of annoying at first but the more I got into the book the more I enjoyed it! He really is one of the most amazing heroes I have ever read about! He is constantly taking care of Gabby whether she knows about it or not. And he always has her best interests in mind. Seriously the man is amazing!

Overall the book was really good. My only complaint is the ending. I didn't mind that it just ended because I know it's a series and I thought that book 2 would pick up where book 1 left off but nope! It doesn't! How in the world am I going to know what happened to Luke?! How long do I have to wait for his story?! Am I even going to get his story?! It doesn't look like he's in any of the books that are already out so I am really hoping we don't get left hanging! That would just stink! Lol. Granted he was only in book 1 for a very short period of time but he cracked me up! His book would definitely not be dull!! ;)

This was my very first book by Melissa Haag and I can say without a doubt that I will definitely be reading more of her books!

And of course I can't forget my casting! This one was a bit harder for me because Clay seriously did not talk throughout the whole book! You'll understand why when you read it but I was finally able to find my Clay! What do you think?! Pretty good, eh?! ;)

  

1 comment:

  1. Great casting! I think they fit perfectly. I'm glad you enjoy it and that we have a new series to discuss. :)

    ReplyDelete