Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Change of Heart by Jennifer Moore



Synopsis:


This summer, Nathaniel Cavanaugh vacations in Lobster Cove to spend quality time with his kids after his estranged wife’s tragic death. Successful and well-connected, he is on the fast-track to the highest legal positions in the country, but his family life suffers. After an accident throws Val nearly into his lap and costs her a job opportunity, Nathaniel surprises himself by overlooking her outlandish appearance and lack of qualifications to offer her a job as his nanny for the summer.

Valdosta McKinley wishes for an internship at a Paris Art Institute to use her newly acquired art-history skills. She knows Nathaniel could never develop feelings for a girl from a trailer in a rural West Virginia holler—a lesson she learned the hard way years earlier.

Will pursuit of their professional goals require Nathaniel and Val to give up the dream of being a family?

My Review: 5 Stars


March 2018:

*dreamy sigh* I still totally love Change of Heart! It is super cute!

May 2016:

Val has left her home in West Virginia and heads to Lobster Cove, Maine to pursue her life's dream of landing an internship in Paris. But before she can apply, she needs some hands on experience in an Art Gallery. On her way to an extremely important interview, fate throws her into the path of Nathaniel and his two adorable children. But with Val and Nathaniel coming from two very different walks of life, she tells herself she needs to get far away from this little family before it's too late. She doesn't see how someone like Nathaniel would ever want someone like her in his life. But the more they get to know each other, the closer they become. Now Val must decide if she's going to stay on the path that she has been dreaming of all her life or if she should take a new path and make a new dream.

Nathaniel heads to Lobster Cove, Maine with his little ones, Ruby and Finn, for a much needed family vacation. While out enjoying the summer weather, fate throws Val into their path. When he learns that he has cost Val the job opportunity that she desperately needs, he offers her an opportunity that she can't resist. Be his nanny for the summer and he will get her a job at an Art Gallery in Boston.

But what happens when the summer comes to an end? Will he choose the professional path that he's been working towards for years? Or will he realize that what he's been longing for is home and home is wherever Val is.

I absolutely loved Change of Heart! It was the perfect read for me! From the picturesque setting, to little Ruby and Finn, to Val and Nathaniel's journey, I was sucked in from the very beginning and could not put it down! I have a feeling I am going to LOVE this series! Can't wait for the next book to be released. I am hoping it's Seth and Melanie's... ;)

And the casting... *sigh* I love these two as Val and Nathaniel!



3 Comments:

  1. Thank you! What a nice review. This book was part of a "Lobster Cove Series" that involved a bunch of different authors at The Wild Rose Press. I only did 2 for them. It was really fun, we used each others' characters and settings--like the woman in the art gallery has her own story, etc. So, anyway, there are some really cute stories. (I don't know if you care or not, but I think mine are the only clean ones)
    Seth and Mel's story comes out in a few months.
    That's a perfect Val and Nathaniel! I have a pinterest board with a few characters I picked, too. https://www.pinterest.com/jenniferlmoore9/change-of-heart/
    Thanks so much!! You made my day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to hear you'll be writing a story for Seth and Mel! Can't wait to read it. I love the setting, bummed to hear the other authors might not be clean. boo! :)

      Delete
    2. Can I tell you I was SO close to using Matt Bomer as Nathaniel?! I absolutely LOVE him! :)

      Thanks for the heads up on the other books. I'm totally bummed as well that yours are the only clean ones! :(

      It's definitely a fun setting! And I can't WAIT for Seth and Mel's story! Eeeeek! I can't wait! :)

      Delete