Saturday, October 8, 2016

The Adventurous One by Jeanette Lewis


Synopsis:

Taylor Medlin may have taken the billionaire bride pact when she was a teenager at Camp Wallakee, but she wasn’t thinking about that when she married the man of her dreams several years later. And she certainly wasn’t thinking about the pact when she signed the divorce papers after only eighteen months.

Once burned, twice shy, Taylor has sworn off romance until a family emergency pulls her home to Sioux Falls and into the arms of old friend, Lane Carter. But Lane has his own demons and he and Taylor must decide whether the past will bring them together, or tear them apart.

My Review: 4 Stars

Taylor was the first of her Camp Wallakee friends to get married. She is also the only one to get divorced. But she just couldn't stay married to a controlling, abusive jerk. After wallowing for a short period of time she put her big girl pants on and did what she had always wanted to do... travel the world. But when a family emergency calls her home, she's brought face to face with her past... both good and bad. Does she have the courage to face the past and move forward to the future? Or will it be too much to face and have her running again? 

Lane was in a horrible accident that took his legs. He now sees himself as half a man. He can't see how anyone can love him without his legs. He's resigned himself to being alone. He can't be that kind of a burden to anyone... especially a wife. But when Taylor comes back into his life and makes him want to live again, he starts thinking that maybe, just maybe he can see a future filled with all the dreams he gave up.

But when outside forces try to ruin Lane's progress, it will take a lot of soul searching, courage and faith to move forward. But with the promise and love of a good woman, he can do anything and everything he sets his mind to. 

I absolutely loved the relationship between Taylor and Lane! They were so good for each other. Both of them had experienced loss and heartache in different ways but their experiences brought them closer together. Their relationship can be summed up in a sentence from the book... "They were good partners, encouraging, praising, pushing when necessary, accepting no excuses and prodding the last ounce of effort from one another." They complimented and completed each other. They were just perfect together! 

I have to say that I was a bit disappointed in Taylor's family, minus her grandma... I loved her! ;) But it really irked me that they kept wishing for her to be reunited with her ex-husband. They didn't care for her happiness at all. I kept hoping for Taylor to put them in their places but alas... she did not. :( 

I know I say this whenever a new book is released but I am LOVING this series! It is seriously SO fun! I can't wait for the next book to be released! Eeeek! Is it out yet?! ;) Hehe. 

Jeanette Lewis has quickly become one of my favorite authors. I am not ashamed to admit that I stalk her on a regular basis to see when her next book will be released. And the moment it's live... I grab it! Her books are always such a fun getaway for me. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next! :) 

And my casting... *dreamy sigh* I'm kinda in love with these two... ;)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment