Friday, June 23, 2017

Summer Countdown Blitz - Day 5





I live in Rocky Mountains with my husband and children and love my home when it’s not snowing. I’m the author of 36 books so far. I also write YA Paranormal Romance under my pen name, Katie Lee O’Guinn. I enjoy the outdoors, reading and being with my family. I’m a huge believer in happy endings. Scarlett really should have been happy with Rhett and it’s a darn shame Leo and Kate didn’t float safely into New York on the Titanic. Don’t even get me started on Romeo and Juliet. To find out the latest on my books, check out my blog at www.shannonguymon.blogspot.com or www.katieleeoguinn.blogspot.com.

You can purchase all of my books at Amazon.com.

I’m also a supporter of Operation Underground Railroad. Check out their website at ourrescue.org to learn more.


Connect with the Author here: 
 ~ Website ~ Blog ~ Amazon ~




"A funny and bittersweet look at grief, love and families who maybe love each other too much.

Letting go of the past and facing the present and future is harder said than done for Kam Matafeo. Getting over his wife’s death isn’t something on Kam’s list of things to do. But when Grace Jackson, his new Sous Chef walks in, life is turned upside down. And not just for him either. Anne, his mother-in-law, is not open to the idea of anyone new in Kam’s life and will do anything to stop his romance from blooming. But when the ‘Love Witches’ step in to protect him, the battle lines are drawn. Fircrest is in for some fireworks when the fight for Kam’s heart not only affects his family, but his friends’ lives too.

Things get so crazy that Grace has to make the decision to stay and fight for herself and Kam or to give up and let Kam slip back into the darkness."



~ Amazon ~ Amazon UK



Excerpt 1:

Barry gestured to the guests.  “This is Pule Matafeo and his wife, Posey. And this couple is Asher and Meredith Murphy.”
Grace frowned and stared at Pule Matafeo.  Was the whole town nothing but Matafeos?
“Uh, any relation to those guys?” she said gesturing over her shoulder to Tate and Tai. She looked back at the table and all four heads looked down as if they had been staring in her direction.
Pule smiled serenely and nodded. “Those two men are my cousins and Kam is my big brother.”
Grace smiled and reached out her hand to shake.  “It’s a privilege to meet you.  I have to say, I love working for your brother.  He is so kind and thoughtful.  I can’t even imagine what it would be like to grow up with Kam as an older brother,” she said.
Pule snorted and was about to say something when the woman sitting next to him elbowed him in the side.  Pule smiled and nodded.  “Kam was wonderful.”
“He is wonderful,” his wife said.  “Hi, I’m Posey, Wren Downing’s younger sister.  She’s told me about your gnocchi.”
Grace grinned. “I love Wren! She’s my favorite.  Are you a chef too?”
Posey shook her head.  “Oh, no. I can barely microwave food.  I write children’s books.”
Grace shook her head. “That is so cool.  Good for you.”
And I’m Kam’s ex-girlfriend.”
Grace swiveled her head to see an attractive blond with a razor sharp angled bob looking her up and down.
“Um, okaay. That’s nice for you.”
The man sitting next to her rolled his eyes and sighed loudly. “I’m Asher Murphy.  And since you’re new in town, we run the Match and Mingle web site for singles in the Fircrest and Tacoma area.  The first month is free.”
Grace frowned and looked down at her hands.  “I probably should look into something like that but I have the worst luck with men.  The last guy I dated, emptied out my savings account. I think I’ll stick to what I’m good at. Cooking.”
“Gotcha. You’re a cat lady,” Meredith said with a small, self-satisfied smile.
Grace turned and smiled directly at the woman, not breaking eye contact. She made it a rule to never back down from a bully and she wasn’t going to start now, even if it was an ex of Kam’s. 
Meredith looked away first and blushed.  “Sorry, that was rude,” she finally said.
Grace didn’t bother acknowledging the obvious and looked back to Pule and Posey.  “So how was dinner tonight?” she asked, changing the subject.
Posey pointed to her almost empty plate.  “I’m about to order another meal just so I can take home some leftovers.  It was amazing, Grace.  Truly, delicious.”
Pule stopped glaring at Meredith to smile at her.  “Let’s just say we’ll be coming back every week for dinner and twice for lunch if I have anything to say about it.”
Asher put his fingers to his lips and make a kissing motion.  “Perfection.  Thank you for moving to Fircrest, Grace.  We’re all very happy you’re here. Right, Meredith?”
Grace watched curiously as Meredith winced.  If she wasn’t mistaken, someone was getting kicked under the table.
“She might be a halfway decent cook but that doesn’t mean that she’s good enough for K…” she gasped suddenly and didn’t finish her sentence. She glared across the table at Pule. “That hurt!”
Pule ignored Meredith and smiled up at her.  “I think you are good enough for Calzones.  I’ve been after Rob forever to add them to the lunch menu.”
Grace smiled in confusion.  “Good enough for calzones? Uh, sure.  I’ll see what I can do.  You all have a wonderful evening.  I have one more table to say hi to.”
She walked away, motioning to Barry to show her the last table.  That was the weirdest encounter she’d had since moving to Fircrest.  She was going to stay clear of Meredith. That woman was psycho.



To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment