Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Homecoming in Christmas Falls by Ciara Knight


Synopsis:

Eight years after fleeing Christmas Falls because of a high school prank gone wrong, Ashley Brooks receives a mysterious letter from her mentor asking her to come home. She arrives to face all she left behind—her family, her friends, and the rich boy she’d loved who would never date the girl from the wrong side of town.

Brent Donnelly, high school jock, brainiac, and dutiful son did everything right until the day Ashley returns to Christmas Falls. With one look at the girl who got away he questions all his life choices, including following in his father’s footsteps in the family business.

Faced with a potentially devastating decline of tourism in their hometown, Brent and Ashley must work together to save the magic of their town, but when Ashley discovers he still has feelings for her best friend she must finally face the real reason she left Christmas Falls—to try to heal her broken heart.

My Review: 5 Stars

It's been eight years since Ash left Christmas Falls without a backwards glance. Had it not been for the letter from her childhood mentor, Miss Anna Cate, she wouldn't be here now. But her she is. Back in Christmas Falls and she has no idea why. All she has to do is get into town undetected, find out what Miss Anna Cate needs, and then hightail it out of there before anyone finds out she was ever there. Easy peasy, right? Wrong! Ash should've known luck would not be on her side. 

Brent has spent his entire life doing whatever his father wanted him to do. All he's ever wanted was to make his father proud. He even stayed away from Ash, the one an only girl he has ever loved. But nothing he does will ever be good enough for his father. The moment he sees Ash back in town, he knows things have got to change. He let her get away once, he refuses to let that happen again. 

But before Ash can even think about a relationship with Brent, she has to first mend the ones she has been neglecting for the past eight years. Between her parents, her friends and Brent, Ash will need to do a lot of soul searching to figure out what she really wants out of life. Can she give up her life in Florida to start over in Christmas Falls? Will Brent finally go against his dad so that they can finally be together? Or will it be too late for them? One thing is for sure, Ash and Brent will not give up without a fight!

Oh how I loved Homecoming in Christmas Falls! I devoured it in one day! (It would have been hours but alas, I had to work. Boo! Lol.) I loved seeing Ash realize who she really is and what she really wants in life. I loved seeing her make amends with all the people in her life who love and care about her, even though she can't see it. And Brent! *dreamy sigh* What an amazing guy! He and Ash are definitely perfect for each other! 

I have to tell you that I have been dying for this series to come out! From the moment I first heard about it, I was counting down to release day! I may or may not have squealed when all the books that I preordered started downloading to my kindle. I was going to wait until this weekend to start them but I just couldn't! I can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series!

This is my very first book by Ms. Knight and I can tell you that I will definitely be checking out more by her! 

And of course I can't forget my casting! I absolutely love these two! *dreamy sigh*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment