Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Lancaster House by Taylor Dean


Synopsis:

Zoe Grayson needs a change. So, she moves to another state, purchases an old, dilapidated 1920s Victorian Mansion, and sets out to restore it to its former glory. As she begins the restoration, she finds herself falling in love with the old house . . . not to mention its illustrious builder, Mr. Lancaster. Zoe becomes obsessed with the house as she discovers its secrets; hidden rooms, secret passageways . . . and a mysterious man who seems to think the house is his. Who is he? More importantly, how does he live in her home unseen and unheard?

The unexpected answers leave her reeling—and questioning everything she’s ever known. To her dismay, Zoe’s actions land her in the local psychiatric hospital, scheming for ways to return to Lancaster House . . . and the love of her life.

My Review: 5 Stars

October 2018:

Oh my gosh! You guys! I still totally LOVE this book! It's SO good! And now is the perfect time to read it! Who doesn't love a spooky ghost story in the month of October?!

October 2017:

From the moment that Zoe Grayson laid eyes on Lancaster House she fell in love and just had to have it! While most people saw an old, run down house that is quite possibly haunted, Zoe saw a gorgeous Victorian that is in need of some major TLC. Lancaster House isn't some ordinary old Victorian home. No... it holds secret rooms, doors that lead to know where, secret passages and lots and lots of secrets.

Strange things start to happen at Lancaster House. Work that Zoe has started during the day is completed at night while she's sleeping. At first she thinks that she is beyond delirious and just forgot that she had completed it. She sets out to figure out what is going on. She purposely leaves work incomplete, only to discover the next day that it has been finished. What in the world is going on? Is there someone hiding out in her house without her knowledge?! Who is it and where are they hiding?! They just can't take up residents in her house! She refuses to allow it!

One night she hears someone climbing her stairs. She rushes out with baseball bat in hand ready to do damage. But she is quickly over taken by a burglar. She knows that she's in real trouble and that there is no way she can get out of the situation unscathed.

Enter in Andre... a mysterious man who appears out of nowhere. He rather forcefully tears the burglar away from Zoe and throws him out the window... to his death. Zoe can't believe her eyes! Did that just happen?! And where did this guy come from?! He just appeared out of thin air!

To Andre's utter shock, he realizes Zoe can see him. How is that possible?! No. No! He can't dwell on that right now. He must get Zoe to call the police, tell them the guy attacked her, that it was self defense, and do not tell them about him. Ummmm. How is she going to explain THAT to the police?! Will they even believe her?! But with no time to waste, she does as she's told.

From then on, Zoe is determined to figure out who and what Andre is. They spend as much time together as possible. Zoe and Andre soon find themselves falling in love. But how can they make it work? He's not human, he's not sure exactly what he is. Half-vampire, half-ghost. This will never work out.

So Andre starts to pull away from Zoe. He refuses to let her ruin her life on something that she will never have with him. Breaking his promise of never leaving her, he disappears and refuses to show himself to her. Zoe can't handle it and takes matters into her own hands. Little did she know that her choice would land her in the local loony bin. How will she ever get back to Andre?! It doesn't matter. It's what she has to do. She just can't live without him. She WILL see him again, or die trying.

Oh. My. Gosh! Someone please tell me why I waited so long to read this book?! I absolutely loved it and devoured it as quickly as I could! I am hurrying through my review so I can start book 2 right away! This one ends in a cliffhanger and I just HAVE to know what happens! Eeeeeeeeeek!

Ms. Dean does an amazing job of sucking me into her books and taking me on a journey with her beloved characters. I can't wait to read more by her!

And for my casting... *dreamy sigh* I absolutely love these two! What do you think?



Content: Mild language. Mild violence. Attempted rape but doesn't go into detail.

2 Comments:

  1. I’m so excited that you loved Lancaster House! What a fabulous review. I love it! It means the world to me. And I always love your clever casting. Thank you, thank you! BTW, it was my childhood visits to the Hayes Mansion that helped to inspire this book. I love that you have been there! Thanks again. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... you are very welcome! And thank you! This was definitely a fun review to write! I got all excited when the Hayes Mansion was mentioned! I loved my visit there and think it's the perfect inspiration for this book! :) I'm still reading The Middle Aisle... haven't had much time to read! Booo! Gotta love real life! Lol.

      Delete