Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Sheriff's Bride by Kimberly Krey


Synopsis:


Trent Lockheart might be the new sheriff in town, but he can’t stop Jessie Jean from stealing his heart.

Sheriff Trent Lockheart knew he’d be in for a challenge when he moved from the big city and a large police force to the small Wyoming town of Cobble Creek. But at least he’d be able to stick to his bachelor ways without temptation. So he thought. Cobble Creek isn’t overflowing with young, single ladies, but Jessie Jean—the gorgeous brunette who runs the Country Quilt Inn—proves more tempting than any woman he’s known.

Jessie doesn’t care much for the new sheriff in town. After an explosive first meeting that almost ends in Jessie’s arrest, she’s even more determined to plan on dinner for one for the rest of her life. Sure, the new sheriff is seriously attractive, and after a second, much less dangerous run-in, he might not be that bad, but Jessie has no plan to marry, date, or even let a man into her life. Still, as the days pass, Trent’s surprising charm works past Jessie’s determination, and she finds promise in their budding relationship.

After opening up about the difficulties in her past, Jessie finds that Trent is guarding a dark tragedy of his own, one that might threaten their chance at a future together.

My Review: 5 Stars

After seeing her mother jump from one abusive relationship to the next, Jessie swore that she would never date, let alone get married. She knows that not all men are like her mother's boyfriends, but she just can't take the chance that she'll end up hurt and broken. It's safer for her to just stay far away. 

Trent's life hasn't been the easiest. Not since the accident. There's a reason he is the way he is and there's a reason why he keeps people at arms length. Allowing them to get too close can be disastrous. He's sworn off relationships and marriage because he can't face the past. It's safer for him to just stay far away. 

Both have sworn off the opposite sex, but that doesn't stop fate from getting involved. After a pretty explosive meeting, these two try their best to fight against their attraction, fight against fate. But they soon realize that there's more to the other than meets the eye. The more time the spend together, the closer they become. Just as they realize their feelings have grown into love, the past comes back to haunt Trent. 

He can't allow his love for Jessie to grow any more. If she knows what he did, she'll leave him for sure. It's better that he breaks it off before she finds out. He'll just go back to life as it was before she came along. She'll be better off without him. 

But when the truth finally comes to light, Jessie and Trent have a decision to make. Do they stay apart? Both going their own separate ways and living miserable lives? Or do they face the past together and fight for the future they both deserve?

*dreamy sigh* 

Have you ever picked up and book and started reading it without reading the synopsis? Well, that's exactly what I did with The Sheriff's Bride! And all I can say is wow! Just wow! I had no clue what I was getting into but I will say I loved every minute of it! I laughed out loud, growled in frustration, got teary-eyed, and let out little dreamy sighs while reading this book! It was the perfect Saturday read for me! 

Every time I read one of Ms. Krey's books I always seem to ask myself, "why in the world have I waited so long to read her books?!" I have gone and added several to my TBR list and will probably be reading more sooner rather than later. An author who can suck me in from the very beginning and make me forget about reality is one that I definitely need to be reading more by! I can't wait to see what journey her books will lead me on next! 

And of course we cannot forget about my casting! What do you think?! 

2 Comments:

  1. I LOVE your casting pics - oh my gosh, they're so perfect!!! And I absolutely LOVE this review! It's exactly the incentive I needed to finish the ending of the book I'm working on now. :) Happy I took a breather and checked my FB for a bit. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... thank you! I absolutely loved this book! SO good! Looking forward to reading more of your books! :)

      Delete