Friday, July 23, 2021

Best Served Cold by Rebecca Deel


Synopsis:

U.S. Marshal Stella Grayson always wanted to be a cop, but after an ambush, she's framed for murder and forced to surrender her gun and badge. Targeted by law enforcement and a killer seeking revenge, she may lose everything she values, including her freedom and the man she loves.

Recently returned from a mission, Delta warrior Nate Armstrong's plans for a slow campaign to win his girlfriend's heart are derailed when Stella is arrested for murder. Nothing will stop him from proving her innocence. Accused of detonating a bomb, Nate calls on his Delta teammates for aid in unmasking the killer before more people die. But the enemy is determined to accomplish his goal and Stella stands in his way. When the marshal is abducted, freeing her may be Nate's final mission.

My Review: 5 Stars

U.S. Marshal Stella Grayson and her partner Deke Creed have been tasked with finding a mole in their office. Their boss, Ty, doesn't know who he can trust so everything has to be done off the books. In the midst of their investigation, Stella is attacked and her boss killed. Things just went from bad to worse. The only people she knows she can trust is her boyfriend, Nate, and his team. 

Durango Team member Nate Armstrong has just returned from a long mission and can't wait to see his girlfriend again. When he receives a call in the middle of the night informing him Stella has been attacked, he drops everything to race to her side. He doesn't know what's going on but he'll do everything in his power to figure it out. 

When ballistics come back on the murder weapon and it's registered to her, she's placed under arrest and booked. Nate knows that Stella would never do the things she is being accused of doing. If they are going to figure out who is behind framing her, he will need not only the help of Durango but all of Fortress Security. 

But the closer they get to figuring out who's behind the leak and the killings, the more danger arises. Will Stella and Nate be able to stop whoever is behind everything before it's too late? One things for sure, they won't go down without a fight. They are determined to get their HEA. 

I'm not going to lie. I was hesitant to read this book. The synopsis and the first page let me know that this was going to be intense. I am loving this series but I don't want to get burnt out on reading them in one straight shot. But once I got going, I didn't want to put it down! I stayed up way too late and woke up way too early just to finish it. I'll definitely keep reading. There are so many characters that I want to see get their HEA! I can already tell you I'm going to be sad when this series ends!

I'm not sure if you can tell or not but I am still loving Ms. Deel's books! There are lots for me to catch up on!

And what do you think about this casting?! *dreamy sigh*


Content: Mild violence. No swearing. Clean romance.. just kisses. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment