Thursday, September 15, 2016

A Summer Remade by Nicole Deese


Synopsis:

Joss Sanders needs an escape. Or maybe she just needs a reminder of a sweeter, simpler, and steadier time. But her family's vacation cabin isn't exactly how she remembered it as a child, and neither is the charming young man who lives next door.

Change is everywhere, and if Joss doesn't learn to embrace it, she just might lose the second chance she needs the most.

My Review: 4 Stars

Life is hard. Change is inevitable. Not everything is going to go our way. But instead of embracing the changes, we all try to hold on to normal, hold on to safe. 

And that is exactly what Joss does when her whole life is turned upside down. Running away to her family's cabin on Lopez Island is just what she needs when life becomes too much for her to bare. But instead of coming to terms with everything, Joss is desperate to find and use any little thing she can to make sure life goes back to the way it used to be. 

Little did she know that fate had something else in store. Enter Drew. He used to be the chubby kid that all the other kids made fun of during the summer on the island. But now he's all grown up and is in the perfect position to help Joss come to terms with all the curve balls life has been throwing at her. And if she can help him in return, life just might start looking up for the both of them. 

I really enjoyed this sweet, coming of age novella. I laughed, I got teary eyed, I let out little dreamy sighs and found myself smiling quite a bit. With all the craziness going on in my life at the moment, this was the perfect read for me. It can all be summed up in a paragraph from the book... "If this summer's taught me anything, it's to appreciate every moment. The small, the big, and the life-altering. I tuck each memory into a cherished pocket of my heart, pull down my sunglasses and slip into my car." That. That right there makes me want to tell everyone that life is too short... remember to cherish every moment and to embrace it! 

Nicole Deese is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. All of her books I have read so far, I have loved. I am definitely looking forward to reading more books by her! If you haven't read anything of hers yet then you are missing out. She really is an amazing author! <3 

And of course I can't forget my casting! This one is mostly my imagination and I really like it! :)
  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment