Friday, October 14, 2016

First Line Friday's #10


Ok party people! It's that time again! First Line Friday's hosted by my amazing friend Kathy over at Bookworm Nation! Are you ready?! 

This week's First Line Friday is:


Courting the Countess

When charming rake Tristan Barrett sweeps Lady Elizabeth off her feet, stealing both her heart and a kiss in a secluded garden, her brother challenges Tristan to a duel. The only way to save her brother and Tristan from harm—not to mention preserve her reputation—is to get married. But her father, the Duke of Pemberton, refuses to allow his daughter to marry anyone but a titled lord. The duke demands that Elizabeth marry Tristan’s older brother, Richard, the Earl of Averston. Now Elizabeth must give up Tristan to marry a man who despises her, a man who loves another, a man she’ll never love.

Richard fears Elizabeth is as untrustworthy as his mother, who ran off with another man. However, to protect his brother from a duel and their family name from further scandal, he agrees to the wedding, certain his new bride will betray him. Yet when Elizabeth turns his house upside down and worms her way into his reluctant heart, Richard suspects he can’t live without his new countess. Will she stay with him or is it too little, too late?

First Line

"Lady Elizabeth had never dared hope she would find the kind of joy that inspired poets and musicians... until she met the incomparable Tristan Barrett."

I have been trying to find something different to read. So when I saw that several of my friends have read and loved Courting the Countess, I decided that I needed to give it a try. I have loved all of Donna Hatch's books that I have read so far so I'm sure I will love this one as well! :)

Do you want to participate in First Line? Yes?! Then tell us what your First Line is! Are you going to do a blog post? Then don't forget to link your post back to Bookworm Nation! Post your link in the comments. Don't have a blog? No worries! Just leave a comment with the title, author name and first line.

Ready?! And GO!

2 Comments:

  1. The possibilities had never been so wide open for Heidi Duffin. From The First Lady of Three Rivers Ranch by Liz Isaacson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few of her books on my kindle but haven't read any yet. I should probably give her a try soon. :) Thanks for sharing!

      Delete