Sunday, February 18, 2018

Illegally Wedded by Jennifer Griffith


Synopsis:

He needs a promotion. She needs to stay in the country.

Piper Quinn has a great thing going. She’s young, talented, and the sole chef at Du Jour, San Antonio’s hottest lunch bistro. She and her business partner just have to stay open one year to be eligible for the coveted Texas Star.

Days before eligibility though, Piper gets terrible news: she’s getting deported. To New Zealand. Where her parents have joined a hobbit cult.

Attorney Zach Travis can’t seem to break into the partnership bracket at his big, respected firm—despite his stellar record. Then, Zach hears a rumor his bachelor status may be holding him back, and he needs a wife to advance his career. The girl at the bistro is an intriguing candidate.

As Piper shares her desperate plea for legal help, Zach realizes he can fix both their dilemmas—with a marriage certificate. However, their plan puts them in the cross-hairs of more than one vindictive enemy. Worse, neatly ending their marriage may be tricky due to a sparking chemistry neither Zach nor Piper can ignore.

My Review: 5 Stars

Piper's life is pretty near perfect. She's the sole chef at the up-and-coming restaurant, Du Jour, she's weeks away from receiving the coveted Texas Star Award, she's got crazy parents who love her, amazing friends who adore her, and she's happy. But one little word turns her life upside down and has her dreams coming to a screeching halt. Deportation. 

Zach has sacrificed and worked hard to get to where he is in the prestigious law firm he works at. With the higher ups retiring, he is so close to having his dream of partner come true. Once he makes partner, he'll have the time he needs to help heal his family and bring them back to life. But when he is passed up twice, he's got to figure out what's holding him back before the final opportunity passes him by. But one little word turns his life upside down and has his dreams coming to a screeching halt. Marriage. 

When Zach overhears Piper's situation, he approaches her with a business deal. Marriage of convenience to help keep her in the US and help him get promoted to partner. It seems like the perfect plan. Until one too many enemies come out of the wood work and do their best to bring Piper and Zach down. But the more curve balls being thrown their way has them turning to each other, rather than tearing them apart. The closer they become, the stronger their feelings grow. 

Do Piper and Zach have what is takes to overcome the bumps in the road that will lead them to a happily ever after?

*dreamy sigh* 

Oh my gosh! You guys! Can I just tell you how amazing this book is?! Because it's AMAZING! I absolutely LOVED Illegally Wedded! I lost all track of time while I was reading. I stayed up reading late into the night, only stopping when my kindle kept hitting me in the face when I would doze off. And I woke up early just to finish reading the book! One minute it was 7:00am and the next it was 12:45pm. There were no breaks of any kind... I just HAD to finish this book! 

I have only read a couple of books in this series and right now I'm asking myself WHY I haven't read ALL of them?! I think I need to get on that sooner, rather than later! ;) 

If you haven't read any of Ms. Griffith's books then you are definitely missing out! Any author who can get me out of that dreaded reading rut is and will always be a favorite! I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next! But in the meantime, I can devour all her books I haven't read yet... ;) Hehe. 

As for my casting... *dreamy sigh* I absolutely LOVE these two! What do you think?!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment