Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Narcissistic Tendencies by Jennifer Peel


Synopsis:

He wants her future. She can’t forget her past.

Psychologist Kate Morgan loves her job evaluating clients for the matchmaking service Binary Search. That is, until the one and only Nicholas Wells becomes a client and the new face of the company. Now Kate must take on a new role as his relationship manager to “fix” the actor-turned-writer-and-producer—not to mention egotistical, possibly narcissistic celebrity—and save Binary Search’s reputation.

Once upon a time this would have been a dream come true, but older, wiser, and live-within-her-rules Kate knows more than she would like to about narcissists. Annulment is an ugly word and one she can’t or won’t forget. But is Nick the man he says he is on paper or is he the man she sees before her eyes? An adoring father with a generous heart who’s willing to smooth out some of his rough edges for the right woman, making her think who’s fixing who?

Can this Hollywood playboy and reluctant matchmaker make the ultimate connection?

My Review: 5 Stars

Serendipity - the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.

Magical - beautiful or delightful in such a way as to seem removed from everyday life.

Kate Morgan will never forget her serendipitous moment with her childhood crush, Nicholas Wells. That magical moment would bring her through some of the toughest times in her life. A moment that will always be hers and hers alone. She never thought that their paths would cross a second time. But working as the Psychologist for Binary Search has brought her face to face with the man again.

When Kate meets with Nick, she sees all kinds of red flags. He's not what Binary Search needs but it's a done deal. He's the new face of the company. Now she will need to become his Personal Relationship Manager and make sure he doesn't do anything that will bring the company she works for down.

While spending time with Nick, his daughter, Skye and his dad, Jack, Kate finds herself extremely confused. Not only does he seem to be one person on paper and another person in real life, but she realizes that connection she felt with him all those years ago is still there. And that just cannot happen. Nick breaks all her rules and she refuses to let herself get hurt a second time.

There's no denying the chemistry between the two of them. She's doing her best to stop all his efforts but Nick's not making it easy. She finds herself opening up to him and letting him in. On top of that, she's developing a friendship with Skye that has her wishing for things of the past.

But just as Kate starts to let her guard down and really let Nick in, she's blindsided. How could she have let this happen again? There were rules in place to stop her from falling in love with someone like Nick. But the heart wants what the heart wants. Now she has to decide if she's going to let him go, pick up her broken pieces and move on with her life. Or if she's going to let all her walls fall, grab on tight to what's in front of her and fight for their happily ever after.

Oh. My. Gosh! You guys! All I can say is WOW! What a roller coaster ride that was! The feels were definitely real my friends! Kate and Nick are definitely favorites of mine. I found myself routing for them from the beginning. I know some people will probably say they found themselves really disliking Nick, but I didn't. There was just something about him. I knew there was more than meets the eye and I couldn't wait to figure out what. I loved watching their relationship develop and seeing the walls come down on both sides. These two really were perfect for each other.

I have to say that one of my favorite parts of this book was watching Kate and Skye's relationship develop. They both had lost a lot in their lives and their hearts were broken. As they got to know each other and spend time together, they were able to help each other heal and fill a void that was missing in both of their lives. Their bond was special and beautiful.

Narcissistic Tendencies is a perfect ending to an amazing series! I loved seeing the characters in the previous books playing a role in this book. We are able to see what they've been up to since we left them. It was icing on the cake for me as I got to see all of their happily ever afters continue on. I'm not going to lie... I'm kinda sad to see this series come to an end! But it's definitely one that I will be reading over and over again! If you haven't read these books yet then I highly recommend you add them to your TBR list!

I have been a Ms. Peel fan from the very first book of hers I read and I don't see that changing anytime soon! She is a very talented author! I look forward to seeing where she takes us next!

And let's just take a moment and stare at these two. I may be a bit bias but I think they are perfect! What do you think?! 


*I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are solely my own.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment