Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Organized Bride by Lucy McConnell


Synopsis:

Early on, Pamela Jones realized she had an unusual talent for putting two people together. Over the years, she's turned it into a successful matchmaking service for the ultra-wealthy: Billionaire Marriage Brokers. While she specializes in "business" marriages--paring people off because of their skills, education, or training--she can spot a potential love match a mile away. When Pamela has a "good feeling" about a bride and groom a business marriage can become so much more.

MaKayla thought taking a job as an event planner for a high-end hotel would be a wonderful lead into opening her own events business. However, a one year no-contact clause leaves her clientless if she quits. With nowhere to go, she is intrigued with Pamela's offer for a one-year contract running charities and overseeing contributions--until she finds out that to take her dream job, she also has to take Gabe...for better or worse.

My Review: 4 Stars

Book 2 in the Billionaire Marriage Broker series! While I absolutely LOVED the first book... The Academic Bride... this one was good for me. I enjoyed it but not as much as the first one.

MaKayla enjoys being a party planner and loves all the little details that go into planning the perfect event. Her dream is to own her own business but the way things are going for her in the job she is currently in it does not look promising. When Pamela stops by the hotel after one of MaKayla's events to discuss the chance of a lifetime she is scared to make the plunge but does it anyway.

Gabe's ex-girlfriend really did a number on him and all of his charity events. She was all about the money and spend, spend, spend. So by the time they break up he has absolutely no faith in women. When he meets Pamela and is able to explain all that he has been through she is able to present the perfect solution. Yep... that's right! Marriage! ;)

MaKayla and Gabe are very cute together. They fit each other perfectly. However, their life together doesn't start out being the greatest. There are misunderstandings and stubbornness but in the end they are determined to succeed. They both have to find just the right balance to make everything work.. they have to learn how to communicate and just be who the other person needs. I really enjoyed the little things that Gabe would do for MaKayla. And I just have to say that it really is refreshing to see the Alpha male role portrayed in a good, clean romance book. I love it! :)

The only thing that would have made it better was an epilogue! I have said it over and over again... I don't like to be left hanging. Books that just end make me sad! I like to have closure! I guess what they say is true... when a book is good... you just want MORE!! ;)

Lucy McConnell has become and auto buy author for me. Can't wait to read what she has planned for us next! :)

And yes... I do have casting for this book! Admit it... it's one of the reasons you read my blog posts... am I right?! ;) Hehe.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment