Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Tradition Tuesday - Week 2


We are so excited for our first annual
Have Yourself a Very Swoony Christmas event,


Traditions are what really make the holidays memorable!
Each Tuesday we will be posting about some of our
favorite Christmas traditions.

KJ will be posting about one of her family's
favorite traditions for Week 2.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We used to have a lot of traditions growing up. But over the years, with my siblings getting married, having kids of their own and moving out of state, the majority of those traditions have fallen to the wayside.

But there is one tradition that I refuse to stop and that is Christmas breakfast! Whether it's just my dad and I or a few of my siblings and their families, I will ALWAYS have Christmas breakfast! Depending on who's here will determine the menu. Sometimes it's just eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and a big glass of milk (or in my case a Pepsi!). But other times it's eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, pancakes, toast, biscuits and gravy, orange juice, milk.. you name it and we probably have it! It's the BEST!

Over the last few years I have taken over the majority of the cooking and I love it! I've inherited my dad and grandpa's breakfast making genes! And if you ask me it's one of the greatest things I could have inherited from them! 😊

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

6 Comments:

  1. I love Christmas morning breakfast too. We used to have a tradition of getting new pajamas on Christmas Eve and eating breakfast while still wearing pjs!! Now I let my married daughters carry on that tradition with their own families.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! We started the new pajama's on Christmas Eve after my siblings got married. I look forward to new pj's each year and wear them ALL day on Christmas! Haha.

      Delete
  2. Christmas breakfast is a tradition of ours as well. We open our stocking gifts. Then eat breakfast, then dig in to the rest of the gifts. And depending on the year, an almond is either hidden in some dish at Christmas eve dinner, or Christmas breakfast. If you have it you hide it. And we all guess who has it after breakfast. Whoever has it wins the chocolate Santa. Anyone who guesses that you have it gets a piece of your chocolate Santa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! How fun! That's an awesome tradition! You would definitely need a poker face for that! Haha. I wouldn't want to share though. I'm a sucker for chocolate! ;) Hehe.

      Delete
    2. I have the WORST poker face ever! And I kind of hate nuts. So it pretty much ruins my breakfast when I have to keep the dang thing in my mouth the whole time. My husband is the legend who has somehow managed to sneak it out of his mouth to hide it. He's a legend with my brothers. Lol.

      Delete
    3. That is too funny! Even though I like almonds, I don't think I could keep it in my mouth the whole time! Haha. I hate a lot of nuts... not going to lie. I think almonds and peanuts are about the only ones I can handle. Lol.

      Delete