Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Home Run Fiancé by Marika Ray


Synopsis:

It’s all home runs and after parties until your sports agent-slash-best friend tells you to get a new image STAT or you won’t get that trade you desperately need in order to be there for your family. So what’s a guy to do except hire a fake girlfriend and go on pretend dates and then ask her to marry him in front of millions of fans?

In hindsight, I shouldn’t have hired my agent’s little sister.

And I definitely shouldn’t have kissed her, or taken her to meet my family, or envisioned an actual life with her.

Three strikes I’m out. Now she wants nothing to do with me and there’s nothing fake about how I feel.

I’m in love with my best friend’s sister.

My Review: 5 Stars!

So... you know when I said I was boycotting certain tropes? Well, I lied. How about we pretend that I said I was going to avoid certain authors who write said tropes? Does that sound as good to you as it does me? Yes? Sweet! It's settled! Haha.

I'm not lying when I say... I absolutely LOVED this book! I had the hardest time putting it down and I already want to read it again. It was THAT good! 

You guys... I literally found myself laughing out loud and reading with one of those goofy perma grins on my face all while the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. Why, you ask? Rhys and Jake. 

*dreamy sigh*

Y'all these two. I just can't even begin to tell you about them. The moment these two meet, sparks start flying! And they kept flying until the very end. Both Rhys and Jake are passionate, strong characters. They know what they want and they refuse to give up until they get it. With Rhys's sass and Jake's suave ways, neither one of them stood a chance. I loved every minute of it. Hehe.

I am really loving this series! It's a lot of fun and giving me that much needed break from reality amidst all this craziness. There's nothing better than curling up in my big, comfy chair and diving into a great book. I'm looking forward to reading Charlotte's story. She's been a bit of a mystery and I can't wait to discover her secrets. 

I am so glad that I found Ms. Ray! I've been in a bit of a rut lately and only reading books that I've already reviewed. But from the moment I picked up Lines We Cross, that rut seems to have disappeared. Gotta love when that happens! 

Now let us take a moment to admire these two. I'm loving them. What do you think?

2 Comments:

  1. It was a good, fast read. I loved it. I'm looking forward to Charlotte's story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm glad you loved it! That makes me happy! I'm looking forward to her story as well! Crossing my fingers that I'll be able to read it soon!

      Delete