Friday, May 1, 2020

The Book of Sorrel by Jennifer Peel


Synopsis:

An ancient curse. A forbidden love. Which will die first?

Sorrel Black’s family has been ruled by a book passed down from generation to generation. But now that it is in her possession, it has stopped working. For her alone, one critical piece of information is missing that will keep the curse, cast long ago as a punishment for her family’s rebellion, from being passed down to her daughter. She hopes the book’s silence means the curse will end with her—even if it means dying alone. But then Eric Knight walks into her life and changes everything.

When investigative journalist Eric Knight is forced to take an assignment to interview bakery owner Sorrel Black, he has no idea that her story will become their story. That his secrets are her secrets. Now together, these born enemies turned lovers must not only face the curse that has separated their families for generations, but the reality that breaking the curse means breaking their hearts. For, in the end, only one family can survive.

My Review: 5 Stars

Sorrel Black has known since she was a little girl that not only was she cursed, but that she would be the one to break it. Her dream to find the love her parents shared would never come true. She never had a problem with it until the day she met Eric Knight.

From the moment these two laid eyes on each other, they knew they were in trouble. Never before had they felt such strong chemistry for anyone else. But there was no way that they could be together. The curse made sure of it. Both Sorrel and Eric do their best to stay away from each other.

However, fate has something else in store for them. They must work together to break the curse and make sure the rightful family survives. With Sorrel's book not speaking to her, they'll have to rely on Eric's book to guide them.

Along the way, their love grows. Both of them want nothing more than to live together forever but one of them must make the ultimate sacrifice so the other can live out their destiny.

*dreamy sigh*

Every time I think I've found my new favorite couple, Ms. Peel releases her next book. I could not get enough of Sorrel and Eric! Their selflessness, their love and their willingness to sacrifice anything and everything for the other had this girl letting out endless dreamy sighs and hoping that everything would work out for them in the end.

Y'all... I'm beyond speechless that this is Jennifer's first paranormal romance. In my opinion, she nailed it! I was sucked in from the very beginning and I knew that I would not put this book down until I finished it. I was on the edge of my seat trying to figure out what would happen next. The twists and turns kept me guessing until the very end. I loved how unique this book felt. It is SO good! I already know this is one that I will be reading over and over again. If you are a paranormal romance fan, then I highly recommend grabbing this book! You can thank me later.. 😉

As for my casting... I absolutely LOVE these two! What do you think?!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment