Monday, May 11, 2020

Guarding the Princess by Marika Ray



Synopsis:

I hired a new bodyguard. I should have guarded my heart instead.

Charlotte

The way out of my gilded cage was clear; the reward, freedom.

Fall in love and get married before my twenty-first birthday and I can give up the throne I don’t want.

Unfortunately, the boyfriend I propose to turns me down just days before my birthday and my mother, the Queen, summons me back to my country.

New plan: fake a boyfriend.

Ryker

First rule of bodyguarding: don’t get involved personally with clients.

I’m only supposed to get her back to Regora safely and on time.

But then she cries on my shoulder when I catch her running away and she shares her family secret.

Now I want to protect her heart.

The only problem is princesses don’t fall for bodyguards. Not in real life.

My review: 5 Stars

I had plans today. Plans to get up bright and early, go for a walk, make breakfast, shower and get ready to run errands that I didn't do on Saturday. Before I climbed out of bed, I decided that just one chapter wouldn't hurt... and then I could get on with my day. Famous last words for this Book Dragon! Here I am, 5 hours later, sitting in my pajamas and curled up in my big chair after finishing this amazing book. What do I have to say for myself? I am so glad I decided to read instead of be an adult! I can always adult later, right?!

*dreamy sigh*

Oh how I loved this book! I couldn't devour it fast enough. Y'all this book as all the feels... and I mean... All. The. FEELS! You want to laugh? Get teary eyed? Feel the frustration for the characters? Sit on the edge of your seat feeling the anticipation and needing to know what happens next? Not want to put the book down? Because that is exactly what happened to me while reading this book!

I absolutely adored Charlotte and Ryker and found myself routing for them from the very beginning. I loved watching their friendship grow, watching them open up to each other about their insecurities, learning who each other is and what makes them tick. The love these two felt for each other was palpable. They were determined to put each other and their love before anything else. I love that in couples!

This book was the perfect ending to an amazing series! Even though the series is called "Faking It" and I've been swearing off certain tropes for over a year now, I'm definitely glad I took a chance on all these books. It's definitely fun and one of those series that I'll be reading over and over again! 

Y'all Ms. Ray is a phenomenal storyteller and I'm so glad I stumbled upon her books! Not only has she become a favorite of mine, but also an auto-buy for me. I can't wait to read more of her sweet reads!

As for my casting... I'm in love! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment