Monday, April 27, 2020

Lines We Cross by Marika Ray


Synopsis:

Small towns were made for second chances--even if it’s your best friend’s sister.

Skylar Rae

I’m getting by just fine on my own when the boy who stole my heart and ran away twelve years ago shows up in town again. He’s a big shot baseball player now, needing my help to rehab his knee. If he’d just lay off the flirting and the dimples he throws with each grin, I might be able to do my job. Good thing I’m not dumb enough to fall for him a second time.

Max

I promised my best friend I would never make a move on his little sister. I kept that promise—if you don’t count that one kiss senior year—but now that we’re adults and I’m moving back home, all bets are off. Skylar Rae isn’t the same person I knew twelve years ago and neither am I. It’ll take a lot more healing than I expected to see if she and I can cross that line again.

My Review: 5 Stars

Wow! Where do I even begin with my review?! Let's start of with... 

*dreamy sigh* 

From the moment I picked up this book I knew I was going to love it. There's just something about small town, second chance romance that draws me in. Add in a strong, independent heroine and mischievous, easy going hero and you have this girl hooked. I had the hardest time putting this book down.

I absolutely adored Skylar Rae and Max! They were such great characters and perfect for each other. I think one of the things I loved the most is how real they were. They were flawed and had past/present issues that they needed to overcome both as individuals as well as a couple. Watching their relationship develop, watching them heal and seeing their fears melt away was beautiful. 

One of my favorite things about reading is going on that emotional roller coaster with the characters. For me, feeling all the feels makes for a perfect read. I love the emotion and depth of this book. It dealt with some tough topics but, in my opinion, it was beautifully written.

I don't feel like I'm doing this book justice with my review. I'm having a hard time putting all my thoughts and feelings into words. What it boils down to is this... I loved this book! I wanted to devour it because I just had to know how everything worked out, but then I wanted to savor every minute I had with Skylar Rae and Max. It was just SO good! I highly recommend it to readers who love small town, second chance romance.  

Lines We Cross is a great start to what I'm sure is going to be an amazing series! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the Nickle Bay Brothers books. 

I love finding new to me authors. This is the first book I have ever read by Ms. Ray and I can already tell you it won't be my last! I'm looking forward to reading her other sweet romance books. I have a feeling she's going to quickly become one of my autobuy authors. 

And of course we can't forget my casting. This one was definitely fun. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment