Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Whispering Wednesday - Week 1


We are so excited for our first annual 
Have Yourself a Very Swoony Christmas event,


We're so excited about Whispering Wednesday!
Each Wednesday, we will be having a different author
answering some of our burning questions.

First up, we have one of our favorite steamy clean authors,
Kimberly Krey!

Let's get to know her a little bit better: 

1. What gives you inspiration for your characters and story lines? 

I have the habit of paying attention to people and what sets them apart. I get inspired by so many things. Driving by a quaint little business and imagining how it started and when. An adorable house – just the sight of one usually inspires me. I want to write about the person who lives there and takes such good care of the herb garden stacked in the windows, or the well-trimmed hedges out front. But every so often, the ideas seem to uncover seeds that have been planted someplace – maybe in my heart or mind, maybe just out in the universe—whatever it is, I feel inspired to the point that I have to pursue the character who’s come to me, and discover the story I’m meant to share. It’s a truly humbling and fascinating process, and I love it! 

2. Which are your top five favorite kissing scenes from your books?

From my books? Ah! I could list a few from Marcia Lynn McClure on the spot, but my own?

Let’s see… How about the PANTRY KISS from Cassie’s Cowboy Crave. I like when Shane takes Cassie into the pantry to get some privacy after being challenged by his nephew to kiss like the other couples do. So that’s one. I’ll call the next one the MUD PIT KISS from Reese’s Cowboy Kiss. When Reese and Blake are drawing mud pictures on one another’s back and then guessing what the other has drawn. One declares their love this way, and a steamy kiss follows. Next would be the CARPENTER KISS from Rough Edges. Braden, our carpenter, has a nightmare where Allie reunites with her ex-husband. After a near all-night ride out on the land, Braden is sleep-deprived, frightened of losing her, and desperate to make Allie his. So when she walks into the wood shop that morning, Braden takes her into a quiet nook intending to do just that. Of course he comes to his senses, but not before a very steamy kiss is exchanged. And then we have the SLEEPING KISS from Ranch Hand for Auction. Meg is into Jake, she can’t deny it. And after a whole lot of flirting and making eyes and getting to know one another, the two order takeout and watch movies one night. Yet as the credits run, Meg realizes that Jake has dozed off. And as she catches sight of Jake’s flawless face and inviting lips, Meg can’t stop herself from giving them one small kiss. And then another. And soon Jake is kissing her back. Last I’ll say the MISTLETOE KISS from Getting Micah Under the Mistletoe. The lovely Quinn has been in love with her guy friend, Micah, for a long time. And when the opportunity to kiss him beneath the mistletoe comes, the kiss is more than she ever dreamt of, causing her hopes for a relationship to soar. 

3. What has been your favorite book to write?

I think it’s a tie between Fresh Starts and Sheriff’s Bride. Hiding out on a gorgeous apple orchard with a buff, gorgeous-in-an-entirely-different-way bodyguard? That was such a fun scenario! Of course the stalker added an interesting aspect as well. And with the Sheriff’s Bride, I loved discovering the charming town of Cobble Creek, and all of the possibilities there. Plus Trent is one of my favorite, most admirable characters, and discovering his story was interesting and inspiring. 

4. Which of your heroes and heroines would you most like to meet in person?

I think maybe Jade and Gavin. I like how flawed they are, and how open they are about their flaws. There’s something refreshing about them.

5. What three words would you use to describe your books? 

I hope they are heart-warming, hope-lending, & romantic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment