Saturday, March 11, 2017

Kissing Cousins by Marcia Lynn McClure


Synopsis:

Poppy Amore loved her job waitressing at Good Ol' Days Family Restaurant. No one could ask for a better working environment. After all, her best friend Whitney worked there, and her boss, restaurant owner Mr. Dexter, was a kind, understanding, grandfatherly sort of man. Furthermore, the job allowed Poppy to linger in the company of Mr. Dexter's grandson Swaggart Moretti-the handsome and charismatic head cook at Good Ol' Days.

Secretly, Swaggart was far more to Poppy than just a man who was easy to look at. In truth, she had harbored a secret crush on him for years-since her freshman year in high school, in fact. And although the memory of her feelings-even the lingering truth of them-haunted Poppy the way a veiled, unrequited love always haunts a heart, she had learned to simply find joy in possessing a hidden, anonymous delight in merely being associated with Swaggart. Still, Poppy had begun to wonder if her heart would ever let go of Swaggart Moretti-if any other man in the world could ever turn her head.

When the dazzling, uber-fashionable Mark Lawson appeared one night at Good Ol' Days, however, Poppy began to believe that perhaps her attention and her heart would be distracted from Swaggart at last. Mark Lawson was every girl's fantasy-tall, uniquely handsome, financially well-off, and as charming as any prince ever to appear in fairy tales. He was kind, considerate, and, Poppy would find, a true, old-fashioned champion. Thus, Poppy Amore willingly allowed her heart and mind to follow Mark Lawson-to attempt to abandon the past and an unrequited love and begin to move on.

But all the world knows that real love is not so easily put off, and Poppy began to wonder if even a man so wonderful as Mark Lawson could truly drive Swaggart Moretti from her heart. Would Poppy Amore miss her one chance at happiness, all for the sake of an unfulfilled adolescent's dream?

My Review: 4 Stars

March 2017 - This is still a super cute read! :)

Poppy is completely and totally head over heels in love with Swaggart and has been for a very long time! And sadly she thinks that Swaggart will only view her as just a friend. When she meets Mark and he shows interest in her, she decides that it is time to try and move on from the handsome Swaggart.

Poor Swaggart is in love with Poppy as well but has a hard time believing that someone like Poppy would want to be with him. He loves being the head cook at Good Ol' Days and really can't see himself doing anything else. He thinks that he doesn't have anything to offer her. But he has a hard time letting go of her when Mark steps into the picture. And when his grandfather finds Poppy's "Dreams to Do" List and shows Swaggart her #1 dream he decides that he could at least help her check it off her list. ;)

For me, I did not like Mark at all! The little things he did just bugged me! I can't explain it. Maybe it is because I am totally Team Swaggart or maybe it was because those things were just plain annoying. Either way... I didn't like him. Lol. I know his part was important in the book because it gave Poppy another option but I am Team Swaggart all the way! Haha.

I loved watching Poppy and Swaggart move from friendship to something more. From him checking off #1 on her list, to an evening under the stars, to their first date... I loved it all! And when they both admit that they are and have been in love with each other for forever... perfect! Throw in all the songs and good times from Good Ol' Days and you have me wishing that everything about this book was real! I would LOVE to be able to visit!

If you are looking for a book full of friendship, laughter, good music, love and just good times then this is the book for you! Pick it up! You won't be disappointed!

And of course I just have to share my casting choices... ;)


3 Comments:

  1. I really liked this one too! This was my first contemporary romance of MLM's to read and I was pleasantly surprised!! :) Love the casting choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one my top 5 of her books! I LOVE it! This is one that I just CANNOT live without! ;)

      Delete
  2. So you're officially the cast master. Wousers! Your reviews are all amazing too!!! I always just throw down a few words...unless I really really like it..or really really hate it...and even then...it's just my silly opinion...but you sound all professional and smart. ;) Love reading your posts...even if I don't always have time to comment. :)

    ReplyDelete