Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Fate Bound by Madeline Freeman


Synopsis:

A werewolf's first instinct is to protect those weaker than himself. But Jack chose to protect the wrong girl.

After a brutal encounter, Ava awakes to a new life of heightened senses and supernatural speed. But she isn't like other werewolves, and her special qualities put her--and her new family--in unimaginable danger. Her very existence threatens a precarious balance--one that can only be set right by her death.

My Review: 4.5

Ava has been on her own since her father passed away from cancer. She was bounced from foster home to foster home. Now at the age of 19 she's on her own. No family and no friends. 

She's on her way home one night when she is attacked my a mugger. Not wanting to give up the only picture of her and her father that she has, she fights back. Only to be stabbed repeatedly. She can feel herself dying, fading away. 

Out of no where she hears someone approaching her. She looks up and into the most beautiful eyes she has ever seen. She feels drawn to this stranger but can't figure out why. Her only thought is she wishes she would have met him under different circumstances and that she wasn't dying. She can't believe her eyes when she sees this handsome stranger transform right before her eyes. But it can't be. Her mind is playing tricks on her. It has to be. There is no way the stranger turned into a werewolf. 

Jack has been keeping a close eye on Ava. He can't explain it but he just has to be near her as often as possible. When he finds her lying on the ground dying, he is heartbroken. But there's something he can do to save her. He can change her. But to his surprise, she is already changing. He refuses to lose her again so he sends a couple of wolves from his pack to watch over her during her transformation.

Little did any of them know, Ava's transformation is anything but normal. And once she's made the change, their lives will never be the same again. Danger lurks around every corner. They find themselves coming up against enemies and friends, good and bad, happy and sad, trials and triumphs. They will get help from the unlikeliest places and people. 

But through it all, one thing will never change. Jack and Ava will always be there for each other as well as the wolves in their pack. They don't know how, they don't know when, but somehow they will be able to overcome everything. They have to. There is no other option. 

Wow! That is all I have to say! I have been on the hunt for a good urban fantasy that will grab and keep my attention. After a few months of searching, I stumbled upon Fate Bound. I was instantly intrigued by the synopsis and grabbed a sample of the book. And boy am I glad I did! This definitely has a unique storyline that will engage you from the beginning and not let you go till the very end. I can't wait to read the next book in the series! I will need to wait till Friday to start it because I know myself all too well. If I start it now I will want to read way past my bedtime and sneak in reading when I'm supposed to be working! Lol. 

This is my first book by Madeline Freeman and I am looking forward to reading more by her! 

And of course we can't forget my casting. What do you think?!


Content: mild swearing and mild violence. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment