Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A New Shade of Summer by Nicole Deese


Synopsis:

As an artist, Callie Quinn relies on inspiration to guide her wandering soul. This summer she accepts a short-term muralist job in her sister’s charming town to spend some much-needed time with her family. After meeting her nephew’s friend, Brandon, she’s eager to draw out his untapped artistic talents—however, it’s the boy’s straitlaced single father who could use a little color in his life.

Davis Carter may be the town’s favorite animal whisperer, but his experience is limited when it comes to understanding his preteen’s rebellious behavior. Desperate for a breakthrough, he follows the lead of a free spirit who claims to know the way into his son’s closed-off world. Soon, Davis isn’t the only one caught up in the hope of a new beginning.

Just as Callie considers trading her unattached existence for a life rich with promise and permanence, an unexpected visit from the past threatens to send her packing once again. Davis and Callie must learn to surrender their fears so they can find a love that will outlast the summer.

My Review: 5 Stars

Callie Quinn is a wanderer. She never stays in one place for very long. Putting down roots is always the furthest thing from her mind. 

Davis Carter is a widower who has been raising his son, Brandon, on his own for the last 7 years. He never planned on raising him alone but fate just hasn't been on his side when it comes to finding someone to spend the rest of their lives with. 

Enter Callie. She is the complete opposite of what he thinks he needs in his life. But then he sees her connect with Brandon in a way that he has never been able to do. Is this fate's way of telling him to take another chance on love? 

No one is more shocked than Callie when she arrives in Lenox and meets the town's favorite animal whisperer and starts feeling things she has never felt before. But this just can't happen. She's not built to be the forever kind of gal. But the more time she spends with Davis and Brandon, the more she starts to think maybe... just maybe this can work.  

But just when things start to move forward between Callie and Davis, the past rears it's ugly head and has Callie second guessing what her heart wants. Can Davis get her to open her heart and her mind? Can he help her to realize that the past does not control our future? That we are the ones in charge of our own destiny? How can he get her to see that if she wants something then she needs to reach out, grab it and hold on tight. Then, and only then, can they move forward and get their happily ever after. 

Oh my gosh! I absolutely LOVED this book! If anyone deserves a HEA, it's definitely Callie and Davis! These two have been through so much in their lives and continue to put others before themselves. They bring out the best in the other and couldn't be more perfect together! I enjoyed watching their journeys as individuals, a couple and a family. The feels are definitely real my friends! The Love in Lenox series is definitely one of my favorites that will be read over and over and over again! I love it that much! 

Ms. Deese has definitely earned her spot on my favorite authors list! I honestly don't even read synopsis's anymore... I just auto buy the books! And she never disappoints! She really is an amazing and talented writer! 

And of course I couldn't forget my casting! For those of you who have read it, I'm sorry! I just couldn't resist! This was just too perfect! ;) Hehe. What do you think?


4 Comments:

  1. Love your casting! 😍 So glad you enjoy Lenox as much as I do. And yes... I have plans for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! You just made my day!! I LOVE Lenox!! I just can't get enough!!

      Delete
  2. Also LOVE your casting, so excited to hear from Nicole there will be more from Lenox 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's going to be AMAZING! I already know it!

      Delete