Monday, July 23, 2018

Catch Him If You Can by Jennifer Shirk


Synopsis:

Veterinarian Wade Roberts is done with love. But try convincing the elderly folk of Cape Harmony who are determined to play matchmaker. Now the young single women in town are bombarding him with baked goods and love notes, and being “taken” is the only way to stop the meddling grannies—which is why he needs a fake fiancĂ©e. Fast.

Arden Pearson loves planning weddings. Other people's weddings, that is. After her own engagement ended in disaster, she prefers to live vicariously through her work. But when she needs to persuade a big client that she’s capable of planning the celebrity wedding of the year, she’s willing to go as far as pretending to be engaged herself to her best friend’s older brother.

Soon their ruse has everyone in town believing they make the perfect couple—including Arden. She’s always been nothing more than a kid sister to Wade, and it might take a village to convince him otherwise...

My Review: 5 Stars

After the passing of his wife, Wade Roberts has sworn off love. There is no way he'll ever put his heart out there again. He'd be setting himself up to be crushed. No one should have to go through what he went through. He dates but the women know going into it that nothing serious will ever happen between them.

After being left at the alter, Arden Pearson came to the conclusion that she's not cut out for the long term, happily ever after kind of love. But just because she isn't cut out for marriage doesn't mean she can't give other couples their dream wedding. 

So what happens when meddlesome matchmakers stick their noses too far into Wade's love life and a runaway groom starts to jeopardize Arden's company's reputation? They come up with a plan that will be beneficial to both of them... a fake relationship.  Neither Wade nor Arden are looking for anything serious, so there really isn't anything that can go wrong... or so they think. 

The more time they spend together, the closer they become. When Arden realizes that she has fallen in love with Wade, she's torn. She knew going into this relationship what the outcome would be. But she owes it to herself and Wade to see if something real can come out of their fake relationship. But will Wade stick to the original plan of breaking up? Or will he open his eyes to see what's standing right in front of him and risk his heart again for a HEA?

*dreamy sigh* 

Can I just say how much I loved Arden and Wade?! Between their sizzling chemistry and their witty banter, they had me routing for them from the very beginning! I think everyone but them saw how perfect they were for each other. They were such a fun couple! I had a hard time putting this book down once I started it. It was SO good! 

This is such a fun series! I am definitely enjoying it! I'm really looking forward to Elena's book! 

Ms. Shirk is definitely a favorite of mine. I always look forward to reading her books. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!

As for my casting... let's just take a minute to admire these two. I pretty much saw them from the beginning. I love it when that happens! 


Content: Mild language. Clean romance.. just swoony kisses.

*I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are solely my own.*

2 Comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are very welcome! And thank you for writing these amazing books! I always know I need to start them when I have nothing going on. Otherwise plans get cancelled, the house doesn't get cleaned, sleeping is non-existent until I finish the book. And let's be honest.. we all love books that can do that! ;)

      Delete