Sunday, March 14, 2021

A Match for the Marine by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

Matchmaker Rule #1: Never fall in love with the client.

Amy Thomas is in the running to become CEO of First Comes Love. All she has to do is outmatch her conniving co-worker. Maintaining her perfect matchmaking track record should be no problem, especially since her client is a hot Marine with bulging biceps and a killer smile.

Gunnery Sergeant Dexter Harrington is not looking for love, but his mother has been laying on the guilt about not wanting him to die alone. So when she buys him the VIP package at Southern California’s premier matchmaking company, he has no choice but to play ball.

Right from the start, Dex recognizes Amy is a better match for him than any of the disastrous dates she arranges. Amy isn’t going to let the gorgeous gunny get in the way of achieving her life’s goal. What happens when the matchmaker is the perfect match for the Marine?

My Review: 4 Stars

Y'all. Love seems to find people when they least expect it and when they aren't even looking for it.

Amy is a matchmaker on her way to becoming the next C.E.O. of First Comes Love. Dex is a single marine who's mother signed him up as a client at said company. Both of them are so focused on other things that neither of them saw the other one coming.

This was such a cute book. I loved watching Amy and Dex's relationship grow from friends into something more. Some might think that these two could never work, but they totally do. Their journey was a fun one and I loved seeing the walls they both had built up around their hearts come crumbling down. I will admit that it was a little slow going for me and I would have loved to see more interaction between Amy and Dex as a couple, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the book. 😊

I'm really looking forward to the other books in this series. I think Claire and Mateo's books is going to be lots of fun. But I have this feeling that Huck's book is going to be my favorite. There's just something about him that has me intrigued. I think Mr. Jaded needs someone who is feisty and full of sass. Someone who will keep him on his toes. It'll definitely be fun to watch. 😉 

It's always a great day when a book by Ms. Mastorakos hits my kindle. They're definitely a fun break from reality and I know that she'll have me swooning and letting out little dreamy sighs. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!

As for my casting... I saw these two pretty early on. I'm in love! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment