Sunday, March 5, 2017

My One and Only By Shannon Guymon



Synopsis:

Meredith Jensen has seen her share of ups and downs. She’s found love twice already and lost it in spectacularly traumatic ways. Now? She just wants a peaceful life, free from love and drama. Meredith’s plans for the future center around planning other people’s weddings and her new online dating website. Just because she works to help other people find love doesn’t mean she wants any part of it though. Unfortunately for Meredith’s plans, Asher Murphy is determined to get her to give love another chance. But then again, so is Pule Matafeo. Meredith has never denied that she’s stubborn and feisty so it might take the combined forces of all their friends in Fircrest to get her heart back on track in time for Valentine’s Day.

My Rating: 5 Stars!!

2nd read of My One and Only and I may or may not have devoured it in one afternoon... ;) Hehe. Rereading these books is seriously making me so happy!

Oh my goodness gracious great balls of fire Batman!! So many feelings!! I just don't know where to start!! My One and Only was absolutely AMAZING!! I LOVED it!!

Meredith and Asher are no strangers to our town of Fircrest. I'm sure along the way you have loved them and also may have wanted to shake them a bit and say "What in the world is wrong with you?!" At least I did! ;)

Meredith is pretty much broke. Her wedding planning business just is not taking off like she had hoped it would. She knew she needed to come up with something and fast before she either ended up on the streets or moving back home with her mom and dad. While talking with Asher she comes up with the brilliant idea of starting a dating service. And Asher, being the business savvy kind of guy that he is, takes the idea and runs with it. Enter in Brogan Moore and you now have True Love, L.L.C.

Things are going great! And then all of the sudden Asher and Pule Matafeo decide that they BOTH have feelings for Meredith! But what does Meredith do?! Well... she decides that she has been hurt by love one too many times and she would rather concentrate on getting her business up and running. She thinks she can be happy with lots of friends around her and that she doesn't need love in her life. What?! I know!! Crazy, right?! *sigh* This girl I tell ya! After hurting Asher she enlists Pule's help to make things right between the two of them. What starts out as Pule helping Meredith get Asher back as a friend turns into the whole Fircrest crew trying to get Meredith to open her eyes and see how much Asher really does love her, how much she really does love him and just how perfectly perfect they are for each other!!

One of the things I love most about Asher and Meredith is that they are just so passionate! When they love... they love hard... they will do anything and everything to hold on to what they've got... and as we saw in the other books... that isn't always a good thing. However, in My One and Only, you can see just how much those choices have affected them and see how much they want to change for the better. They really have grown up a lot!

Pule has also grown up quite a bit. Having to experience what happened to Cleo has really opened his eyes and mellowed him out. Once he realizes just how much Asher loves Meredith he does the only thing he can and that is to help his best friend get the girl he loves. I think one of my favorite parts is the moment that Pule and Asher share at The Iron Skillet. I'm not going to say anymore.. you'll just have to read the book to find out what I am talking about. :)

This journey for Meredith and Asher was more than just finding true love. It was a journey of self discovery.. of healing past hurts.. of hope that there is more to life then what they had been through.. of growing.. of learning.. of gaining new friendships and strengthening old ones.. finding peace with the past.. knowing that what they had been through had made them who they are.. and just knowing that no matter what has happened in the past they most definitely deserve their own HEA. And I. Loved. Every. Single. Minute!

Another amazing book by Shannon!! I seriously love everything that she creates!! She just has a way of sucking you in and not letting you go until the very end!! I am definitely looking forward to the other books in this series!! I can't wait to see Pule and Tristan get their own HEA!! So Shannon... when does the next book come out?! ;) Hehe.

And no... I have not forgotten your... I mean MY favorite part... ;) Hehe. My casting choice for Meredith and Asher...



2 Comments:

  1. Okay now that I've finally had the chance to really get into the book I'm loooooving this casting even more!! So so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! So glad you like it!! I absolutely LOVE these two as Meredith and Asher!! They just FIT!! Hehe. Hope you love this as much as I do!! Shannon is simply AMAZING!! ;)

      Delete