Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Free Fallin by Shannon Guymon


Synopsis:

In the past, Pule Matafeo hasn't had the best reputation but now he’s stepping up when others need to count on him. He's doing his best to be a responsible man, so when Posey Tyler shows up and throws his whole life into commotion, he's not sure whether to run or embrace the wildness. And when tragedy strikes, Pule is the one people turn to to hold the family together, bringing everyone closer than ever before. Will he choose a life without risk, or will he give Posey a chance to hold his heart? But if he gambles on love, will everything he’s worked hard to rebuild, be destroyed?

My Review: 5+ Stars

Oh my gosh! Rereading this book was just as hard the 2nd time around! Oh the feels are SO real! </3

I will say up front that this is going to be the hardest review I have ever had to write. And once you read this book you will totally understand why. I currently have a love/hate relationship with it. I LOVED it! I really did! But there are just some things that really SUCKED! You have all been warned! But don't let that discourage you... you just HAVE to read Free Fallin!

When we first met Pule he was the biggest punk on the face of the planet! I had wanted to knock him out so many times it was not even funny! Everything was all about him and how he could get what he wanted. Then things started happening around him to open his eyes and see that the way he had been living was not the way he wanted to live. He started wanting what all his cousins and brother had... love. But not just any love... a love that is all consuming... a love that would make life worth living... a love that would last for eternity.

Posey... Posey... Posey... oh how I love her! She may seem like the shy, quiet girl but really... she's a little firecracker who loves very passionately. She's a vigilante for the underdogs.. someone who will always be there for you and help in any way that she can... whether she knows you or not. She is definitely NOT Pule's type and knows it. But this girl is determined. And once she makes up her mind?! Watch out world! She's independent.. is not afraid to be the real her.. and has no filter. I loved her honesty! She is absolutely perfect for our dear, sweet, amazing Pule.

I loved watching Pule fall for Posey. They had a very, very rocky start and Pule really didn't want to have anything to do with her. But over time they become friends and slowly but surely he falls head over heels in love with her. He FINALLY gets to experience what everyone else has... an all consuming love that makes life worth living... a love that just completes him. And he wouldn't have it any other way... *dreamy sigh*

I know it's been said before... and I'm going to add my two cents in... seriously... keep tissues handy!! You WILL need them... I PROMISE!! If I felt the way that I did while reading, I can only imagine how Shannon was feeling while writing!! I know that she has no control over what her characters do... so I will say.... CURSE YOU CHARACTERS!! How could you DO this to me?!

With all that being said I will say again how much I LOVED this book!! It was an amazing, emotional roller coaster ride that I had a VERY hard time putting down!! To be able to write a book like this and have it turn out AMAZING even with all the twists and turns (that you will NOT see coming) shows how much of a ROCKSTAR Shannon is!! Seriously... she is an exceptional writer who is and always will be one of my all time FAVORITEST writers EVER!! I love you Shannon!! I cannot WAIT to see what you have in store for us next!!

And there is NO way I can forget my casting... hehe. What do you think?! Personally... I think they are perfect!! ;)
 



2 Comments:

  1. You nailed it!!!!! Loved and agreed withe everything :).great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Loved ! Your casting holy Pule wow and Posey is perfect looks sweet and innocent. ...ha ha ha looks are so deceiving ;) she knows what she wants and she's going to get it ......PULE ! Whew ;)

    ReplyDelete