Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Stick in the Mud Meets Spontaneity by Rachael Anderson


Synopsis:

Home for the summer, Samantha Kinsey is ready to step into her role as pseudo-nanny for her two favorite charges. But when she realizes she'll be playing chauffeur more than playmate, her summer outlook quickly turns from fun to bleak. That is, until she meets Colton McCoy—a genuine, hard-working cowboy, who's as set in his ways as he is handsome. Although he claims he doesn't need any spontaneity in his life, Sam’s determined to help him find it. But she'll soon discover that cowboys are about as easy to change as wild mustangs.

Stick in the Mud Meets Spontaneity is about an adaptable girl and a not so adaptable guy. It’s about learning to accept people for who they are and realizing that sometimes who they are is exactly who they should be.

My Review: 5 Stars

Our adventurous Sam is home for the summer and is looking forward to doing lots of fun things before heading off to New York in the fall to start her new job. She decides to make a bucket list and can't wait to start checking things off!

Colton is a very good-lookin cowboy who is not only a hard worker but very, very set in his ways. He likes things to be a certain way and does not like branching out.. at all! From the moment Sam steps into his life it goes from predictable to entertaining to say the least.

I absolutely loved the way Sam and Colton met! It was so cute and definitely hilarious! I lost count at how many times I busted out laughing! They started out as friends and it slowly grew into something more. During their relationship neither knew what was going to happen when Sam's summer came to an end. Colton was doing his very best to keep Sam in Colorado. Sam was torn between an opportunity of a lifetime in New York and her growing love for Colton. It was not going to be an easy decision to make and a couple of times they tried to stay apart but it just made both of them miserable. Together is where they both wanted to be and so they decided that no matter what they would do anything and everything to make sure that happened.

The side story of Kajsa and Your Majesty just added the extra little something that helped the book be a bit more amazing than it already was. I loved seeing that close bound between the two of them and how everyone banded together to mend a broken heart.

This book is probably my favorite one in the series. I loved almost everything about it! Yes... almost everything. I'm sure you can already guess what the one thing was that I didn't like... it just ended!! Really?! What are these authors doing to me?! I really would have loved an epilogue!! Just a little something to close the series... a blurb about how everyone is doing X amount of years in the future. *sigh* I know... I know... at least it has a HEA... ;)

And can I tell you I absolutely LOVE my casting for this book!! I think these two are perfect and I found the perfect picture for both of them!! What do you think?! Can you see these two as our Sam and Colton?!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment