Friday, May 5, 2017

Accidentally in Love by Shannon Guymon


Synopsis:

Letting go of the past and facing the present and future is harder said than done for Kam Matafeo. Getting over his wife’s death isn’t something on Kam’s list of things to do. But when Grace Jackson, his new Sous Chef walks in, life is turned upside down. And not just for him either. Anne, his mother-in-law, is not open to the idea of anyone new in Kam’s life and will do anything to stop his romance from blooming. But when the ‘Love Witches’ step in to protect him, the battle lines are drawn. Fircrest is in for some fireworks when the fight for Kam’s heart not only affects his family, but his friends’ lives too.

Things get so crazy that Grace has to make the decision to stay and fight for herself and Kam or to give up and let Kam slip back into the darkness.

My Review: 4.5 Stars

When it comes to life, you should always follow your heart... that's the motto that Grace Jackson tries to live by and how she found herself in Fircrest, WA as a sous chef for The Iron Skillet. She doesn't know why her heart lead her here but she is excited to find out! 

While visiting the girls of Belinda's Bakery, she soon finds herself being tasked as the one to bring the heart of Fircrest back to life. And just who is the heart of Fircrest? Why Kam Matafeo of course! No pressure... right?! ;)

Kam has been dead inside ever since he lost his wife, Bailey, in childbirth. It's been 3 1/2 years and he doesn't see himself moving on anytime soon. That is until, out of nowhere, Grace Jackson appears in his life. She is spunky, happy, sassy, full of life and love. From the first moment he met her, he found himself breathing again, smiling again, and even living again. He never saw her coming, but he is determined to never let her go. 

One of the hardest lessons in life is realizing that life isn't always easy and relationships don't always work out how you want them to. They can get messy, ugly and extremely hurtful. But with determination, hard work and love, plus a little help from friends and family, anything is possible. While outside forces and insecurities do their best to tear a few of our beloved couples apart, fate steps in to make sure that, after everything everyone has been through in their lives, they all WILL get their HEA! <3

Holy Hannah! If I only had one word to describe Fircrest in Accidentally in Love it would be... CRAZINESS! This book reached an epic level of crazy! I have two names for you... Anne and Meredith. Need I say more?! Haha! These two went WAY beyond their normal crazy! Thank goodness the rest of the town was able to step in and put them back in their places! Gotta love those Love Witches! ;)  

I have to say that while I LOVED seeing all our Fircrest family and what they have been up to over the years, I was a bit sad that we didn't get more of just Grace and Kam. I would have LOVED spending more time with them and little Natano. My heart melted whenever little Nate was around. I am really selfish and wanted more! Haha. 

I am so sad to see the Fircrest series come to an end! I wish I could just crawl into these books and live there! They have been some of my favorites over the years and have gotten me through some pretty tough times. They will always be treasured by me. :)

I am SO glad that Ms. Guymon is getting back into the groove of writing again! Oh how I have missed her books! But I know this much needed break was just what the doctor ordered! After all, she had her own HEA to celebrate! ;) <3

As a side note... I do not recommend reading this book before you have read the other books in this series. You will definitely feel lost! Here are the Fircrest series in order: Love and Dessert trilogy, Love and Trust trilogy, Love and Flowers trilogy and Love and Weddings trilogy. Once you have read these, then you can read Accidentally in Love! <3

And of course I just cannot forget my casting! I am definitely in love with these two! Aren't they perfect?! *dreamy sigh*



2 Comments:

  1. Love this review!! And I get what you're saying about spending more time with Grace and Kam but I was already 30,000 words past my usual :) I will start looking for a new town and see what happens. Thanks Kathy Jo! LOVE your reviews So Dang Much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next! You are seriously an AMAZING author and will always be one of my favorites! <3

      Delete