Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Beauty and the Clockwork Beast by Nancy Campbell Allen


Synopsis:

When Lucy Pickett arrives at Blackwell Manor to tend to her ailing cousin, Kate, she finds more than she bargained for. A restless ghost roams the hallways, werewolves have been reported in the area, and vampires lurk across the Scottish border.

Lord Miles himself is clearly hiding a secret. He is brash and inhospitable and does not take kindly to visitors—even one as smart and attractive as Miss Pickett. He is unsettled by the mysterious deaths of his new wife, Clara, and his sister, Marie. Could Miles himself be to blame for the deaths?

Working together, Miles and Lucy attempt to restore peace to Blackwell Manor. But can Lucy solve the mystery of Miles? Can she love the man—beast and all?

My Review: 5 Stars

March 2018:

*dreamy sigh* Oh. My. Gosh! I still absolutely LOVE this book! I am dying for the next book to come out! I can't wait to see where this series goes!

October 2017:

When Lucy receives a letter from her cousin Kate stating that she is afraid and falling ill, she drops everything to rush to her side. There was an urgency to the letter and she could not waste a moment in getting there. 

From the moment she arrives at Blackwell Manor, Lucy knows that there is definitely something amiss. Her cousin is worse off than she thought, the ghost of Lord Blackwell's sister, Marie, roams the halls of the manor and is bound and determined to get Lucy's attention, there are vampire attacks near by and werewolves have been reported in the area. 

On top of all that, she has to deal with the infamous Lord Blackwell upon his arrival home from his monthly trip to his hunting lodge. He is none too happy to discover her in his house. Can things get any worse? 

Miles is beyond surprised and extremely agitated to have his solitude disturbed by some random woman running around his house in the middle of the night in her nightgown. Who is she and where did she come from? He detests visitors, and with good reason. He has a secret that must be kept at all costs. His life depends on it after all. But it's getting harder and harder to keep. Someone out there knows it and is determined to bring it to light. But who? And how can he stop them?

Lucy and Miles must work together if they are every going to solve the mysteries that plague Blackwell Manor. But the more they work together, the closer they become and the harder it is to fight their feelings for each other. Can Miles trust Lucy to keep his secret and keep her safe at the same time? Can Lucy prove to him that love can conquer the beast within? 

*dreamy sigh*

Oh how I loved this book! It had me chuckling out loud, sitting on the edge of my seat, creeped out, letting out little dreamy sighs, swooning... I felt like I was right there with Lucy and Miles experiencing it all! I wasn't too sure what to expect when I started reading this book. I have some friends who adored it and that's the reason I decided to give it a chance. And I am SO glad that I did! This is my first introduction to the Steampunk genre and I was not disappointed! I am definitely looking forward to reading more books in this series! 

Not only is this my very first Steampunk book, but it's also my very first Nancy Campbell Allen book. She did an amazing job of sucking me in to her world and making me forget all about reality. I absolutely love when that happens! I will definitely be reading more books by her! 

And of course I can't forget about my casting! What do you think?!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment