Sunday, October 8, 2017

Just Maybe by Crystal Walton


Synopsis:

Three weeks. That’s all the time self-made billionaire Cooper Anderson has to respond to discovering he’s a single dad, sell his lake house, and catch a one-way ticket across the world. The quick-witted nanny responding to his ad couldn’t be more of a life saver … and maybe a nice distraction. Until the secrets she’s hiding get a little too close to exposing his own.

The one lead guaranteeing Quinn Thompson a promotion just has to land her back in her hometown to finagle an interview out of Mr. Elusive, of all people. But she can hack it, right? Even while mistaken for the nanny, she can keep things quick and professional. No running into her embarrassing southern family, no stirring up the wounds that’d sent her packing four years ago, and definitely no melting over a stockbroker’s unfair dimples and boyish charm.

Why, oh, why doesn’t anything ever go according to plan?

With both their deadlines closing in before they’re ready, Quinn and Cooper must decide whether the life they’re set on pursuing alone is worth more than the one they could be missing together.

My Review: 5 Stars

Quinn never imagined her career changing story would lead her back to her home town. She's not ready to face her family... not yet. Not until she lands her big promotion that will make everyone in her life proud of her. She has failed enough already, she just can't let them down again. She's got this. She has too. There's no other option.

Cooper never imagined hearing the words "you're a dad"! Especially not when everything is finally starting to fall into place. He's moving around the world for crying out loud! How can all this be happening now? He's got 3 weeks... 3 weeks to set everything straight so he can make his big move. He can't keep letting his family down, especially now that he has a son. He will do right by him, he has too. There is no other option. 

A case of mistaken identity has Quinn playing nanny. It's the perfect cover for her story. She has 3 weeks to win over Cooper and get his permission to write and run the story. But life doesn't always work in our favor. Both Quinn and Cooper have secrets that they would rather keep hidden from each other. But the more time they spend together, the more they realize they don't want any secrets between them. But what happens when they finally come out? Will it have them both running again? Or can they move on from them and start over? And maybe, just maybe they can find their happily ever after as a family? 

I have to say that Just Maybe is my favorite one in the series so far! It had me laughing out loud, getting teary eyed, growling in frustration wondering when these two were going to open their eyes to see what was right in front of them and had me letting out little dreamy sighs. I know I say this a lot but the feels are definitely real my friends! The setting was perfect, the story line was amazing and I fell in love with everyone... especially little Brayden! I absolutely LOVED this book! 

Ms. Walton has done it again! She weaves an amazing tale of love, heartache, forgiveness, understanding and second chances. Her books just keep getting better and better! I can't wait for Livy and Chase's story!

And let's talk about this casting. I absolutely love these two! What do you think?


*I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are solely my own.*

2 Comments:

  1. So fun! Didn't the characters crack you up? They had me laughing so many times. And the romance?? Sigh... Give me a Cooper any day. lol Love this story. Thank you for reading it and sharing it with others. You're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Yes they did! I loved it! It's seriously my favorite in the series so far! And I'll take a Cooper too please! ;) Hehe.

    And you are very welcome! Thank you for thinking of me! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next! You're AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete