Monday, October 30, 2017

Finding the Truth in Christmas Falls by Danielle Stewart


Synopsis:

Olivia Mackey spent her whole life hearing how she was destined for bigger and better places than Christmas Falls, Tennessee. A regular on the beauty queen scene from a very young age, she learned from her stage mom, that appearances mean everything. Having spent the years after high school traveling the world and failing at the dream everyone told her she should have, she's back home and wondering what she's to do next.
 
Nothing is where she left it. Friends have scattered, her mentor is ill, and Olivia is fumbling her way through a big life in a small town. 

Tim Avondale and his young daughter showed up in Christmas Falls one evening looking for a fresh start. Buying the Sleepy Hound Bookstore seemed the perfect opportunity. Life had gone so wrong and now here in this quiet town he could keep anything bad from happening to his daughter again.
When the two cross paths Olivia and Tim find an instant connection. A tug toward each other they don't want to ignore. The problem is, in the process they are being tugged away from all the things they thought were important in their lives. He can't hide out from real life forever. She is more than just what people see on the surface. But when they're forced to decide will they choose to be better together or safer apart? 

My Review: 5 Stars


Olivia has returned to Christmas Falls feeling like a failure. Her modeling and acting career have come to an end and she finds herself with nothing to show for it. Too afraid to reach out to any of her old friends, she takes to hiding and sneaking around town until she can figure out her next move. 

But no one should try to stay away from Miss Anna Cate. The woman has sources everywhere! One visit with her childhood mentor and she's already feeling better. And a bonus... she has a lead for a job at the Sleepy Hound Bookstore. She should have known that Miss Anna Cate would be there to help her when she needs it most. 

From the moment Olivia walks into the Sleepy Hound she feels an instant connection to the new owner, Tim. She doesn't know what it is, but she's drawn to him and finds herself confiding in him with things she has never told another soul. He, too, finds himself opening up to Olivia. But both Olivia and Tim come with baggage. They must learn to trust each other and work together if their new relationship is going to work out. 

But far too soon the past comes knocking and now Olivia is torn. Does she stay in Christmas Falls and give herself a fresh start with Tim and his adorable daughter, Cora? Or does she head back out on the road for her next big audition? Will Tim be willing to put their relationship on hold while she's away? Or will he choose to move forward with his life in Christmas Falls without her? 

Once again her beloved Miss Anna Cate steps in and doesn't hold back. She helps Olivia to realize what she has been missing in her life and to see what her heart truly wants. 

*dreamy sigh* Oh how I loved this book! I was sucked in from the very beginning and stayed up WAY past my bedtime in order to finish it! And boy was I glad I did! This book is amazing! I loved seeing Olivia, Tim and Cora get their HEA! 

And that epilogue! I absolutely loved it! And yes... I totally got all teary eyed! It was perfect! <3

This is my very first book by Ms. Stewart and, just like other authors in this series, I can tell you it won't be my last! She is very talented and I loved the journey that she took me on! I can't wait to read more by her! 

Oh my gosh! Guys! I love Return to Christmas Falls! This series is AMAZING! I am SO glad that these very talented authors got together and decided to give us this wonderful treat! I can tell you right now that I will definitely be reading it over and over and over again! I really am hoping that they decide to collaborate on another series together! I would buy it in a heartbeat! 

And let's not forget my casting! *dreamy sigh* I love it!  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment