Monday, December 4, 2017

Sawdust and Mistletoe by Michelle Pennington


Synopsis:


By December first, Ava Grisham is already sick of Christmas. Unfortunately, she has to survive decorating for her boss’s wealthy clients so she can afford to quit after New Year's. Everything is on track for her to start her own design company until she hires a new handyman and all her meticulous plans fall apart. Not only is her future business in danger, but so is her heart. Hunter is talented, strong, and charming, but falling for such a free-and-easy man will only lead to heartbreak.

Hunter Newman loves his single life with no responsibilities, but he’s always there for his family. When his brother loses his job, he drives across the country to help however he can. Then he meets Ava and realizes his brother isn’t the only one who needs help. Ava captivates him with her determination and warm heart, but she’s lost the joy of Christmas. He’s determined to put the sparkle back in her eyes, even if it means risking his heart.

Somewhere between the twinkle lights and candy canes, they’ll discover the magic of the season. But can they find a way to be together?

My Review: 5 Stars

By the time December 1st rolls around, Interior Designer Ava, turns into Scrooge. Bah Humbug. Can't she just fast forward to December 26th when all the Christmas stuff has to be put away? She's lost all joy when it comes to Christmas. 

But sadly there is nothing she can do about it. She has to put on a happy face and deck the halls of her boss's high paying clients. With a deadline looming over her head and a sick carpenter/jack-of-all-trades, she has no choice but to hire a temporary employee. One look at the temp that gets hired and she knows she's in trouble. 

Hunter is a travelling man. He never stays in one place too long. He goes wherever his heart desires. And since he's a carpenter/jack-of-all-trades, he can pretty much work anywhere. When he finds out that his brother has lost his job and his family is struggling, he packs up his stuff and heads to Arkansas to help out until his brother can get back on his feet. One look at his new boss and he knows he's in trouble. 

A relationship is the furthest thing from Ava and Hunter's mind. But when you have chemistry like they do, it's hard to ignore. But Ava can't risk her heart on a travelling man. She's seen the hurt and anger it can cause. She refuses to allow that to happen so she builds the walls around her heart even higher. 

But spending time with Ava and his brother's family has Hunter second guessing what he really wants out of life. He'll need to figure out what he wants before it's too late. With visions of love and a family in his head, he knows life just won't be complete without Ava. He's definitely got his work cut out for him. As I've said many times before. Never underestimate a man in love. You will lose every single time. 

*dreamy sigh*

Oh how I adored Sawdust and Mistletoe! It was such a fun book! I was sucked in from the very beginning and I didn't want to put the book down! Ava and Hunter were perfect for each other! I loved seeing them go from friends to something more. Their relationship was definitely believable and had me cheering our hero and heroine on from the very beginning. I am so glad that this was on my Have Yourself a Very Swoony Christmas list because it was most definitely SWOONY! *dreamy sigh*

This is my very first book by Ms. Pennington and I was pleasantly surprised! I will definitely be reading more books by her! In fact I've already added some of her other books to my TBR list! I can't wait to read them! 

As for my casting... Oh. My. Gosh! Guys! I absolutely LOVE these two as Ava and Hunter! *dreamy sigh*

6 Comments:

  1. So cute! I love the pictures you added for who you'd cast. Thanks for sharing good books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thank you! And you're very welcome! I love reading and sharing books! It makes me happy! :)

      Delete
  2. I totally agree loved this book😁😁 and your casting is perfect😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... thank Miss Jackie! This was such a fun book! Loved it!

      Delete
  3. Great review! I've read this book - and now I want to read it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You're the second person to tell me that! It really is a fun book! And I will definitely be reading it over and over again! :)

      Delete