Saturday, October 20, 2018

All By My Selfie by Jo Noelle


Synopsis:

While on vacation at McLeod Castle in Scotland, Gwen Mackenzie has nightly dreams of an ancient warrior bound by a curse. During the day, she sees Niall, nicknamed #ScottishBoyfriend. She clicks a few selfies with him in the background. Oh, and can that man rock a kilt! As she gets to know him, she realizes that Niall is the warrior from her dreams, cursed to live as a ghost for the past five hundred years, to see life around him but never see, taste, or feel any of it—except Gwen.

My Review: 4.5 Stars

From a young age, Gwen has been plagued with nightmares about a warrior who has been cursed to live as a ghost. She could never make out faces in her dreams but she knew that she had to be the one to save him. Her parents realized that the nightmares would get worse whenever they would vacation in Scotland. They ended up cutting their vacation short one year and never returned. 

When Gwen inherits her ancestral home in Scotland, she decides to take a vacation there to see if she has what it takes to move across the ocean to open up a Bed and Breakfast. The first night she is there, the nightmares come back. But she still can't see the faces. It isn't until she sees and meets Niall that everything starts falling into place. 

Niall has been cursed to live in stasis, only awakening every 10 years for 10 days. It has been 500 years since he's tasted, smelled or touched anything. No one can see him. But the moment he sees Gwen, he starts to feel different. He can't explain it but he's drawn to her and wants to protect her. When he realizes that she can actually see him, he has hope that this might be the year he's released from the curse. 

While getting to know each other, Gwen and Niall try to figure out a way to break the curse. Niall is all for it, until he realizes what Gwen might have to sacrifice in order to free him. He's come to care for her too much and refuses to let her do it. But Gwen knows, in her heart, what needs to be done. All they can hope for is they will both be alive in the end. 

*dreamy sigh* 

I know I am late to the party but you guys! I adored this book! It was so good! I was sucked in from the beginning and would get mad whenever I would have to put the book down and attend to real life stuff. Gwen and Niall were amazing! I loved these two together! :) 

For those of you who know me, know that I have a hard time when it comes to novellas. But I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised! This book did not feel like a novella at all! And bonus! It had an epilogue! I love it when that happens! Haha. 

This is my first book by Jo Noelle and I'm definitely looking forward to checking out more of their books! 

And can we just take a minute to look at my casting... *dreamy sigh* I love these two! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment