Synopsis:
Two people from different worlds entwined by fate.
Kate
All I want is to save enough money to chase my father’s dream and help my mom.
Fate had other plans.
A chance incident entangles my life with the dangerous Luka Morozov. I’m drawn to him—despite the dangers of his world. But what happens when he won’t let me go?
Luka
I always knew I would lead the Bratva one day—it’s in my blood. But when a deadly chance encounter leaves me dreaming of the haven of blue eyes, I can’t stay away. I’ve been conditioned all my life, growing up, that personal relationships are a weakness that can be exploited.
“The thought of not having Kate would be my true weakness—I would never be the same.”
My Review: 5 Stars
Confession. I'm fairly new to the clean dark romance and mafia romance books. I'm still trying to figure out my comfort zone. I've seen several no spice readers promoting K.P. Haven, so I thought I would give her a try.
Y'all. I had the hardest time putting this book down. I read late into the night and picked it right back up in the wee hours of the morning. I was enthralled with all things Kate and Luka. The emotional turmoil throughout their story had such a strong hold on me. I couldn't help but feel every single emotion right along with Kate and Luka. It's real, it's raw, it's gritty, but it was so heartachingly beautiful. I may or may not have cried on a few occasions while reading their story. It was everything I didn't know I needed.
Kate and Luka's relationship was quite the journey. Luka was suspicious of her from the beginning and did his best to keep her at arm's length. He'd spent his life believing that personal relationships were a weakness, never expecting Kate to challenge everything he'd been taught to believe. But little by little, the walls he'd built around himself began to crumble. What started with suspicion and distrust grew into a love neither of them could have anticipated. Seeing how fiercely they came to love each other and how willing they were to fight for one another made their story all the more powerful.
As I said earlier, this is my first book by Ms. Haven, and it definitely won't be my last. I love discovering an author whose writing draws me in and leaves me wanting more. I can't wait to read more of her books!
TW/CW copied from author's website:
* death of a parent (off page/flashback)
* mild language
* death/torture
* mention of human trafficking
* gun violence
* kidnapping
While most of these are not key themes, if any are triggering to you, please practice self-love and set this book aside.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment