Saturday, January 24, 2015

Did You Hear?! Did You Hear?! Did You Hear?!

Shannon Guymon's newest book, My One and Only was released yesterday!! Yes... I said YESTERDAY!! What?! You haven't picked it up yet?! Are you crazy?! You seriously need to go and grab it!! I'm currently reading it and I LOVE it so far!! Just as soon as I finish it you will see my review... I promise!! I even have the casting all ready to go so that there is NO delay!! ;) Hehe.  

So... why am I posting BEFORE I've finished it?! Well... since Shannon completely made my day yesterday I thought I would spread the love and see if I can make someone else's day just like she did mine! It's not as amazing as a book BUT it's extremely yummy!! ;) Hehe. Any guesses on what it is?! What?! Did you guess the recipe for Fircrest's Sweet Temptations?! You did?! FANTABULOUS!! Because guess what?! You would be RIGHT!! 

So... without further adieu... I present to you... 

Fircrest's Sweet Temptations


1 cup real butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking sode
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 small package instant vanilla pudding
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup coconut
1 cup Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugar and brown sugar together. Mix in eggs. Mix in baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Mix in vanilla pudding. Mix in flour. Mix in coconut and oats. Mix in chocolate and butterscoth chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes.. no longer. Let sit on baking sheet for about 5 minutes and then move to cooling rack. Store in container.


And there you have it folks!! My creation to honor Shannon and all the Fircrest characters that I love so very much!! If you decide to make these, please let me know what you think! I hear they are extremely delicious and I, myself, love them... but we may just be kinda bias here... ;) Hehe.

2 Comments:

  1. I really want to make these this weekend, even though I'm on a diet. Yum! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete