Thursday, January 10, 2019

The Rogue Warrior by Cindy Roland Anderson


Synopsis:

His job was to protect her, not fall in love with her.

When Logan Steele is hired to protect an archery champion who is being stalked, the former SEAL automatically assumes his client is a man. Then he meets Weslee Campbell, a beautiful woman with the prettiest light blue eyes he’s ever looked into, and he knows his life is about to change forever. That is, if his fear doesn’t get the best of him. For a man who has faced enemy insurgents, rescued innocent people in the line of fire, and piloted a helicopter without experience to save his SEAL team, he shouldn’t be afraid of anything…yet meeting a pretty girl with a heart of gold has him questioning if he’s brave enough to fall in love.

My Review: 5 Stars

Weslee lost her parents eight months ago in a car accident. She's just getting to the point where she can start living her life again. But there's one thing stopping her. A stalker. They've done everything they can to find him, but he always seems to stay one step ahead of them. 

Logan is a retired Navy SEAL who now works for a private security company. When he receives a new assignment to protect an archery champion from a stalker, he assumes said champion is male. But when he walks through the office door and sees the beautiful woman who literally ran into him on the beach, he knows that not only is he in trouble, but that his life is about to change forever. 

Over the next few days, Logan does his best to stay focused and only view Weslee as a client. But the chemistry they share is off the charts and hard to ignore. He has sworn off love his entire life but one look from Weslee has him second guessing his choice. 

However, before Weslee and Logan can even think of a HEA, they need to find out who's stalking her. When things with her stalker start to escalate, Logan will do anything in his power to keep her safe... even risk his own life. Both Weslee and Logan have too much to live for. There's no way the stalker is ever going to get what he wants. He'll quickly learn that you never underestimate a couple in love who are determined to finally get their HEA. 

*dreamy sigh*

You. Guys! Why in the world did I wait so long to read this book?! I. Absolutely. LOVED IT! I adored Weslee and Logan! I couldn't get enough of these two! Their chemistry, their banter, their sizzling, swoony kisses... *dreamy sigh* They were perfect for each other! 

I have a confession to make. I have kind of been avoiding the Navy SEAL books. I have read a couple of them and I liked them... but I didn't love them. It seemed like something was missing for me. But, after reading The Rogue Warrior, I've come to the conclusion that I've just been reading the wrong ones! I was sucked in from the very first page and had an extremely hard time putting it down to deal with real life. I may or may not have had some irrational anger towards anything that was not reading this book! ;) 

If you're a fan of romantic suspense then I recommend giving this book a try. I loved how Ms. Anderson had me guessing who the "bad guy" was throughout the book. It's always fun reading a book where it isn't totally obvious "whodunit". I do like being surprised every now and then.

I really need to do better at bumping Ms. Anderson's books up on my TBR list when she has a new release! I also need to go back and read some of her books that I'm noticing I missed. I can't wait to see what else she has in store for us!

And can we just take a minute to drool over Logan admire these two?! I think they are perfect! What do you think?


4 Comments:

  1. Such a fun read, I enjoyed this one as well. Great review and casting as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I should have read this one right after you told me how good it was! Haha.

      I've added The Fearless Warrior by Kimberly Krey to my TBR list... it's Jace's book and I'm more than curious to see who steals his man card! Haha.

      Delete