Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Fatal Legacy by Rebecca Deel


Synopsis:

Three deaths in two weeks and she could be the next victim.

The biggest dangers bookstore owner Del Peterson faces are paper cuts and aching feet until a gift draws her into the center of a federal investigation and she's taken into custody as a material witness. When Del's safe house is breached and a marshal dies protecting her, she turns to the man she knows has the skills to help.

Two years ago, Josh Cahill transitioned from elite Delta warrior to small-town cop. When a federal judge is murdered, nothing will stop him from protecting the woman he loves. With help from his Delta unit and friends at Fortress Security, Josh sets a trap to capture the shooter. Though he vowed to protect her, bringing down the man behind the shooter might require Josh to take Del into the heart of danger.

My Review: 5 Stars

Since moving to Otter Creek to open up her own bookstore, Del Peterson has made a lot of friends and has caught the eye of small-town cop, Josh Cahill. 

While going through books that were left to her after one of her favorite customers dies, Del and her cousin, Ivy, find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. Who knew that inventorying books would land them in protective custody with the US Marshals?

But when Del's safety is compromised and one of the Marshals ends up dead, she'll reach out to the only person she trusts to protect her at all cost.

Josh has had his eye on Del ever since she moved to town. But the timing just hasn't been right for him to ask her out. When he learns of the trouble that's following Del and Ivy, he will do everything in his power to make nothing happens to either of them. 

But the more they uncover about who's behind the attacks and why, the harder it becomes to keep Del and Ivy safe. He enlists the help of his Delta team, Durango, as well as Fortress Security to make sure everything goes off without a hitch. One thing's for sure.. none of them will go down without a fight. 

Can I just tell you how much I enjoyed this book?! I had an extremely hard time putting it down! I found myself staying up way past my bedtime and getting up earlier than usual just so I can read. I squeezed in reading whenever I could. 

I loved Del and Josh! They were perfect for each other. I also loved seeing the setup for Ivy and Alex's book. I have a feeling that one is going to be an emotional roller coaster. I should probably wait until Friday to start it but I'm not that patient. I see more sleepless nights in my very near future... ;) Haha. 

I am starting to love this series! Every time I finish a book, I want to hurry up and do my review so I can move onto the next one. Work is getting in the way and I am dying for the weekend. What I wouldn't give to just read all day long! Haha. 

It's official. I have added Ms. Deel to my favorite authors list. I can't wait to read more books by her!

I'm loving these two as Del and Josh! What do you think?


Content: Mild violence. No language. Clean romance... just kisses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment