Sunday, January 27, 2019

Witness by Rebecca Deel


Synopsis:

Four burglaries. Three assaults. One murder.

Not the crime stats Police Chief Ethan Blackhawk envisions for his first two weeks on the job. Ethan uncovers a link to his past, an assassin who bested him five years ago and again hunts in his territory. He welcomes a second chance to capture the assassin...until he falls in love with the only witness. This time a failure to unmask the assassin may cost Ethan everything.

Wielding a sharp knife, personal chef Serena Cahill dices vegetables and dishes dinner for clients. When she interrupts a crime in progress, Serena steps into the crosshairs of an international assassin. After a friend disappears and her business implodes, she joins forces with Ethan to trap a killer before he takes out the next target--Serena.

My Review: 4 Stars

Personal Chef, Serena Cahill, finds herself interrupting a crime in progress when she stops by one of her client's house. She immediately calls 911 but has no clue that the man who attacked her client is still in the house. The moment the man sees her, her life is flipped upside down.  

New Police Chief, Ethan Blackhawk, has only been in Otter Creek for a few weeks. He was told that the crime rate is practically non-existent. But a string of burglaries, assaults and a murder is not how Ethan pictured his start in this sleepy town.

While investigating all the crimes, Ethan discovers ties to his past, an international assassin who got away from him 5 years ago. He finally gets a second chance to bring the assassin down. The only problem? His one and only witness to the crime is Serena... the woman he's falling in love with. Protecting her is crucial. He will do everything in his power to keep her safe. 

When Serena's friend comes up missing, she knows that she needs to team up with Ethan to make sure the assassin it taken out. She knows that she's got a target on her back, but that doesn't stop her from helping. She not only trusts Ethan with her heart, but she trusts him with her life. He'll keep her safe. And when all is said and done, they'll get the HEA they both deserve. 

Confession. I have read this book twice already but never ended up doing a review. Third times the charm I guess.. ;) I enjoyed Serena and Ethan's story. It was fast paced both in action and romance. I have another confession. The first two times I read this book, it was just okay for me. But this time around I found myself enjoying it a lot more! This is proof that mood reading is a thing! Haha. Witness is a good start to an amazing series! Otter Creek has quickly become one of my favorite places to visit. I'm looking forward to rereading all of the books in this series as well as in the Fortress Security series. 

I am SO glad that I found Rebecca Deel on the Swoony Awards list! She quickly became an auto-buy author for me! I always drop whatever I'm reading and devour her books the moment they're released! I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

I know I announced in other reviews that I was not going to do casting for both series. However, I have decided to challenge myself and cast them all this time around. And we're starting with these two! I'm not going to lie... it was tough! Haha. What do you think?!


Content: Mild violence. Attempted rape but no details. Clean romance... just swoony kisses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment