Monday, October 26, 2015

More Than Scars by Sarah Brocious


Synopsis:

Disclaimer: This story is a modern day Fairytale. Prepare for events that go beyond the normal day events you are used to. Plan on a happily ever after escape.

They say that the best way to heal is to find someone who suffers more and invest in their healing. Nerissa Meadows decides to make a change in career and experiences the strangest of interviews. She had been through so much but nothing like her soon to be employer, Liam Byrne. His scars have stolen from him...from his two little girls. It's as if life has ceased to exist outside of his own front door in order to protect what he loves and keep out what he fears. He perceives his weakness but Nerissa sees in him a wounded hero. Her heart aches for his two girls. Their young lives have been touched by too much sadness! They need her and she finds that she most desperately needs them. Fairytales can take shape in the most unlikely of places!


My Review: 4.5 Stars

Nerissa Meadows hasn't had an easy life. She has been put through the wringer on more than one occasion. When cancer took away her dream of becoming a mother, she decided to change careers from a teacher to a nanny. Her interview with the mysterious Liam Byrne is anything but ordinary. She is instructed to not look at him, to keep her eyes lowered. Even though it was the strangest of interviews, Nerissa feels an instant connection to Liam. And when she meets little Brianne and Amelia, she is a goner. She knows that she is right where she needs to be.

Liam is broken and scarred. There are very few people that he actually trusts. He, too, has been put through the wringer and he has closed himself off from the world, both physically and emotionally. His life is his two little girls and he will do anything and everything to protect them from the ugliness of the world.

Nerissa definitely has her work cut out for her when it comes to Liam. She has to teach him to love, to trust, to face his fears, to live. She has to show him that there is so much more to a person than just their outside appearance... that it's what's on the inside that matters most. He has the hardest time seeing and understanding this but Nerissa refuses to give up on him. She will earn his trust and she will help him face his demons.

I loved watching Nerissa and Liam grow and become stronger, not only as a couple but as individuals as well. They both know a thing or two about heartache and suffering. Watching them lean on each other and encourage each other was one of my favorite parts of the book. I felt their heartache, their pain, their happiness, their love. It felt like I was right there with them on their journey to discover their own HEA.

And can I just how much I loved all the characters in this book?! Especially Ian! Holy crow! He was seriously awesome! And little Brianne and Amelia... so stinkin adorable! I fell in love with them instantly. :)

I am a complete sucker for any kind of Beauty and the Beast story. When I stumbled upon More Than Scars and read a few reviews, I knew it was one that I just had to read. I was sucked in from the very beginning and had an extremely hard time putting it down! I stayed up way too late and woke up way too early just to finish it!

So why only 4.5 stars? There is just two things that bugged me. I'm not going to get into too much detail because this story was really good and I think that everyone should definitely give this book a try. First there was just way too many exclamation points throughout the entire book. The majority of the time they just did not fit and were not needed. The second thing is the book just ended! And you all know how I feel about that... I hate it! I need closure dang it! Lol. I would have loved an epilogue just to tie everything together.

This is the first book by Sarah Brocious that I have read and I will definitely be reading more by her.. especially if she ever decides to give Ian his own book... ;) Hehe. I love finding new authors that I can share with others. It seriously makes me happy when I can add more to my list of authors to watch. :)

And we can't forget about my casting! What do you think?! Pretty good, eh? ;)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment