Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Country Bride by Lucy McConnell


Synopsis:

Paige Baker is bound and determined to start her own horse training business. While at an auction where she plans to purchase the horse of her dreams, she meets Pamela Jones, a matchmaker for the ultra wealthy, and is suddenly on a whole new path in life. Caught up in a whirlwind of wedding plans, Paige wonders what she can bring to the marriage and if her background as a camp counselor and a rodeo star has really prepared her for marriage to the handsome and aloof Mr. Walker.

Cody Walker has already married and mourned the love of his life—or so he thinks. Left with a daughter, Cody dedicated his life to caring for her but he’s having trouble doing it on his own. A friend hands Cody a BMB business card and before Cody can blink, he’s married to the vibrant Paige Baker. She’s everything he needs and so much more. Can he stay true to his first wife’s memory and care for Paige or will he allow this angel to slip through his fingers and lose the only mother his daughter, Addison, has ever known?

My Review: 4.5 Stars

Paige has loved horses her entire life and has dreamed of owning her very own horse training business. When she attends an auction to purchase the famous horse, Annie May, she just knows that dream is one step closer to coming true. Little does she know that fate has other plans for making ALL her dreams come true. Enter in Pamela Jones... ;)

Cody's wife passed away when little Addison was only 8 months old. He has done everything in his power to love, raise and protect his little girl. When Addison asks him for a new mommy, he has no clue where to even begin. His friend, Gabe, gives him the little magical card that will turn his life upside down and bring someone into his life that he never knew he wanted, let alone needed. Enter in Pamela Jones... ;)

From the first time they met, Paige and Cody had an instant connection. But of course they fought it. How could they feel so strongly for someone they just met? Someone they don't even know? If it's this intense after just meeting, what's it going to be like for a full year? Are they going to be able to fight it? Do they even want to fight it? What happens once the year is up? Will they move on? Will they have a real marriage? And what about Addison? Will she be able to handle losing not one but two moms?

I loved the journey of Cody, Paige and Addison! It was full of love, healing and new beginnings. The Country Bride is definitely one of my favorites in this series. Once I picked it up, I could not put it down until I finished it. And of course at the end I let out a long, dreamy sigh. <3

I have said it before and I will say it again... I love the BMB series! I have been sucked in from the very beginning and always look forward to the next book in the series! I was super excited to discover that there will be a series for the grooms! Yes... you heard me right! Grooms! And I cannot wait to read Noah's story! Eeeek!

And of course we just cannot forget about the casting... I really love these two! <3


2 Comments:

  1. Oh wow gotta read this, you had me at casting! Oh my , my , my ;) love it KJ here goes another one I won't be able to resist! Great review as usual.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow gotta read this, you had me at casting! Oh my , my , my ;) love it KJ here goes another one I won't be able to resist! Great review as usual.:)

    ReplyDelete