Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Resilient One by Cami Checketts


Synopsis:

Alyssa Armsworth, a world-renowned photographer, has no intentions of honoring the Billionaire Bride Pact she made at girl’s camp to avoid getting whipped cream smeared on her face while she slept. Marriage is the last thing on her to-do list and when her father forces his wealthy friends on her, she runs to Maui.

Her plan to jog on the beach, take some great pictures, and avoid men works—until Beckham Taylor arrives. Spending days on the white sand with the handsome ex-NHL star is ideal, but Alyssa's guilt for past transgressions begins to consume her. She doesn’t think Beckham could ever forgive what she’s done to him and his family. Before she can confess her misdeeds are thrust onto the front cover of the tabloids. Now, Alyssa must face her past or lose her future.

My Review: 5 Stars

Alyssa is a famous photographer and has zero plans of ever getting married. She is known by the other girls from camp as the dark side of the Billionaire Bride Pact. She has had a very troubled upbringing and does not trust men at all. When her controlling, sleazy father tries to marry her off to the highest bidder, she runs away to Maui.

Beck is an ex-NHL star that took over the family business after his parents passed away. When he hears that the famous but elusive A.A. is meeting with fans in Maui, he heads out there to try and convince him to work with Beck's charity, Jordan's Buds. He knows that A.A. is just what he needs to bring more awareness to his charity and the needs of others all over the world. 

When Beck runs into Alyssa for the first time they are both swept off their feet... literally. But she takes off before he can even introduce himself. Fate is on his side when he checks into the same bed and breakfast that she is staying at. When it comes to getting to know Beck and spending more time with him, Alyssa is a little apprehensive at first. But slowly she starts feeling more comfortable around him. Now if she can just find the courage to confess what she did years ago and hope that he doesn't end up hating her. 

I absolutely loved Beck and Alyssa! Both are scarred physically and emotionally and both have some trust issues. But these are two of the things that bring them together. They can lean on each other and help the other in a way that no one has ever been able to do before. These two are seriously perfect for each other! And let's not forget their chemistry... *swoon* Holy Hannah! These two! *dreamy sigh* I really did not want the book to end! 

And I just have to give a shout out to Granny! I absolutely loved her as well! She was such an amazing addition to this awesome book! I loved her spunk and spirit! She had me busting out laughing more times than I could count! She almost stole the show... almost... ;) Hehe. I would love to be that kind of granny some day! 

I am really enjoying this series and I can't wait for the next book to be released! This series is already a definite must buy for me! :)

And can we just take a moment to enjoy this casting?! I don't know what it is but I am seriously in love with these two! *dreamy sigh*


3 Comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review. I absolutely love your casting of Beck & Alyssa! Can I just print Beck's picture and drool for a few days?
    I adored Granny too. She was in my novel, Poison Me, and had me laughing so hard I had to give her another book :)
    Many hugs and thanks,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to drool over Beck too! There's just something about him.. ;)

      Sounds like I need to bump Poison Me up on my list.. I would love another book with Granny! She's seriously hilarious! I love her! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! She's a little out of control in Poison Me, but I just love her too :)

      Delete