Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Feisty One by Cami Checketts



Synopsis:

Can he hide his heart or will the reporter take everything?

Maryn Howe isn’t intimidated by billionaire recluse, Tucker Shaffer, or his enormous log cabin in Island Park, Idaho. Maryn needs this interview and she’ll get it at any cost, even if the last four reporters were physically removed from his presence.

Tucker Shaffer has no desire to change his less than flattering public image; but his PR people persuade him to give it one more try. Ready to make nice with whoever comes through the door, Tucker is blindsided by a petite blond with an extra-large personality. As the snow piles up and the questions keep coming, Maryn discovers the secret Tucker Shaffer has spent the last four years torturing himself with. She suddenly sees him in a new light and she flees—right into danger and into Tucker’s arms.

But the danger has just begun and now Maryn has to make a choice—trust in Tucker or lose it all.


My Review: 5 Stars!

Maryn is a feisty little reporter who knows just how to get the story she is after. When her assignment takes her to Island Park, Idaho to the famous recluse, Tucker, she definitely has her work cut out for her since the last 4 reporters to ever step foot on his property were physically removed. Maryn just has to be herself and hope for the best. After all, who can resist her feisty charm? 

Tucker is a recluse that is wrestling with demons. He has a hard time trusting anyone outside of his close circle of friends. When his PR team pretty much makes him do an interview with Maryn, he will do his very best to get her in and out of his house without giving too much away. When he meets Maryn for the first time, she is not like any woman he has ever met before. She is snarky, warm and very beautiful. Tucker is intrigued from the very start. But how will Maryn react if she ever finds out the truth about what he has done? Will she ever be able to love and trust him? Or will she run in the opposite direction, far away from him?

For those of you that know me, know that I am a complete sucker for any Beauty and the Beast type of stories. I was ecstatic to realize that The Feisty One was a modern day retelling with a few twists thrown in. I seriously LOVED this book and devoured it in less than a day! It was the perfect read after a hard week. I enjoyed getting lost in all things Maryn and Tucker. 

Ms. Checketts has done it again! She has definitely become an auto-buy author for me! I am loving this series and cannot wait for the next one to come out! If you haven't started this series yet, then I suggest you do! It's been a lot of fun so far! 

And no... I did not forget about my casting! I think this is another favorite of mine! Hehe. What do you think?!


5 Comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhh I just bought and read the first 2 pages and have to quit for now :( but I can't wait, by the way seriously I LOVE YOUR CASTING, Beauty and the Beast hmmmm he is soooo gorgeous perfect. KJ your genius!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hear what you think of the book. It was seriously SO good! :)

      And he definitely is a hottie... ;) Hehe.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! I love your review and your casting. I'm sad that this series is just the legs and feet or we would be coming to you for cover art :)
    Hugs,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... thank you!! :) But I have to say the covers you guys have are gorgeous! I love them! It's one of my favorite things about the series! So fun! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks again! It's been delightful to be a part of. I'm writing Johnson's story now and he is quickly becoming a favorite hero.
      Hugs,
      Cami

      Delete