Friday, May 4, 2018

First Line Friday's


Ok party people! It's that time again! First Line Friday's hosted by my amazing friend Kathy over at Bookworm Nation! Are you ready?! 

This week's First Line Friday is:


In Plain Sight by Rebecca Deel

On the heels of a life-changing diagnosis, concert pianist Darcy St. Claire is on a quest to reinvent herself. While renovating a Victorian house and opening a restaurant, she becomes the target of a killer. As the attempts on her life intensify, Darcy grows more determined. No murderer is going to chase her from her home and destroy her new dreams. But more than her livelihood and life are at stake. She could lose the man she loves.

A favor for a friend lands Delta medic Rio Kincaid in the center of a murder investigation, a crime the killer doesn't want solved. As the danger to Darcy escalates, the Delta warrior vows to protect the woman whose music pulled him from the edge of darkness. When the enemy's desperate ploy snares Darcy in his trap, one wrong move will cost Rio everything--his life and the woman who captured his heart.
FIRST LINE

"Darcy St. Claire stood in the center of what was supposed to be a large living room."

So, as you know, I have been on a romantic suspense kick lately and have been devouring Rebecca Deel's books. I have been curious about Rio since I started these series. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how he and Darcy get their HEA! Thank goodness it's Friday! I have a feeling I will not want to put this book down! 

Do you want to participate in First Line? Yes?! Then tell us what your First Line is! Are you going to do a blog post? Then don't forget to link your post back to Bookworm Nation! Post your link in the comments. Don't have a blog? No worries! Just leave a comment with the title, author name and first line.

Ready?! And GO!

2 Comments:

  1. I'm reading The Reluctant Duchess by Roseanna White. First line, "She could have been more than she was."
    I might have to try Rebecca Deel's series. I haven't read romantic suspense in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to check out Roseanna White's books. :)

      I started on book 11 of the Otter Creek series because it was on the Swoony Award list. I was intrigued. But I do have to be honest, had I started with book 1 of either of her series, I'm not sure I would have continued on. If you give her a try, don't judge her books by the first ones... ;) Haha.

      Delete