Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Buried in Blue by L.G. Rollins


Synopsis:

Doctor Elise Sterling has one last chance to save her career and prove that researching werewolves is safer than exterminating them. But her tendency to separate science from the people who’s lives it change has left her with few allies.

Captain Nathaniel Hopkins, owner of the fastest steam-powered submarine in England, has just returned from a two-year stint at sea and is in no hurry to leave home again. But when he meets Doctor Sterling, he has to choose between his duty to his daughter and his growing attraction for Elise.

Too focused on her science to be distracted by romance, Elise is betting it all—her career as well as personal safety—on an experiment where she will dive with nearly a dozen werewolves to the deepest trench in the Atlantic Ocean.

My Review: 5 Stars

With life being extremely crazy right now, I haven’t had much time to read. It’s been a little bit here and a little bit there. Thankfully the stars finally aligned, and I was able to get in some good reading time.

Confession. I haven’t read too many Steampunk novels. The ones I have read, I absolutely ADORED! So, when I started reading Buried in Blue, my expectations were pretty high. All I have to say is this book did NOT disappoint! Once I was able to sit down and read, I had an extremely hard time putting this book down. I found myself staying up way past my bedtime and waking up early just to see what happens next. 

This was such a fun, unique twist on werewolves. I was intrigued from the beginning and kept trying to figure everything out. And just when I thought I had it figured out... BAM! Plot twist! There may or may not have been a time or two that I had to stop and ask myself... what just happened?! Haha. I loved every minute I spent within the pages of this book.

Were there characters that I absolutely loved? You better believe it! Elise and Nathaniel were so perfect for each other. I loved that they could balance each other out. They trusted and relied on each other to get through some tough times. I found myself rooting for them from the very beginning.

Were there characters that I absolutely loathed? You better believe it! There was one in particular that was just so slimy, that I couldn’t help but wish for their demise! And no, I’m not going to tell you who. I want to see if you feel the same way I did! Haha.

This is my first book by Ms. Rollins, and I can tell you it won't be my last! Any author who can make me feel this much emotion and keep me from getting sleep, definitely deserves their books being added to my TBR list!

And of course, we can’t forget about my casting. I’m pretty much in love! What do you think?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment