Friday, November 24, 2017

One Enchanted Christmas by Melissa Tagg



Synopsis:

Last December, mystery author Maren Grant had the most perfect night of her life. On a glimmering winter evening, she got to watch the photo shoot for her very first book and ended up on a magical date with the cover model himself—Colin Renwycke.

Fast forward one year. This December, with a looming deadline, restless spirit and her creative spark long since gone, Maren is desperate to get unstuck. And she can’t get Colin out of her head…or his year-old open invitation to spend a couple weeks writing at his family’s farm.

Drew Renwycke never planned to come home and take over the Renwycke family farm. But he’s spent too many years watching his siblings unravel, including his brother, Colin, after one terrible family mistake. If moving to Maple Valley, Iowa, renovating an old farmhouse and switching careers is what it takes to put the Renwycke family back together, he’ll do it.

But his simple plan upends when a scrappy author lands on his doorstep. And she just might be the key to coaxing his brother home. But what if he wants her all to himself? Drew will have to choose between his Christmas wish and the enchantment of a holiday romance that just might be the happy ending they all long for.

My Review: 4.5 Stars

December 2017:

I am SO glad I added this onto my Christmas Swoon Fest list! It's still super cute and I still love it! I have a feeling this series is going to be a must read every year!

January 2016:

Maren is in a rut. With a deadline for her second booking looming in the not so distant future, she is desperate to find her inspiration anywhere she can. With thoughts of: "Is she a one book wonder?" "Was the first book just a fluke?", she decides to take Colin up on his year old open invitation and heads to his family farm in Maple Valley, IA to see if she can find her creative spark again.

Drew has given up everything to head back to Maple Valley, IA to see if he can finally fix what had been broken. One past mistake has left his family in shambles and he is determined to be the glue that puts them back together. He will do anything and everything he can to make this happen, including sacrificing his own happiness, to give his family back theirs. Little did he know that fate had something else in store for him. 

Both Maren and Drew embark on a journey of self discovery, friendship and love. They both had different ideas for where their futures would lead but were far from disappointed when things ended up better than what they had imagined. I really enjoyed seeing these two together. Whether they were making wishes in the bell tower or talking in the workshop or enjoying a sleigh ride into town... *dreamy sigh* I definitely wanted more of Maren and Drew!

I have to tell you that I absolutely adored this book! I think one of my favorite parts was the narration of the author in different sections of the book. It's like she knew the questions I was going to have at that particular time and was telling me... I know what you're thinking.. I'm right there with you... trust me... I know what I'm doing... ;) Super cute! 

I also loved the setting of this book! I think small towns are one of my favorite settings of books. So much happens in a small town and you just gotta love it! I can't wait to visit Maple Valley, IA again! I am hoping more than one person there will get a HEA! ;) 

I am so glad one of my good friends suggested I read this book. It was the perfect way to spend my Sunday! This is my very first book by Melissa Tagg and I am definitely looking forward to more books by her! Any author that can grab me from the very beginning of the book is definitely a keeper in my opinion! :) 

And of course I just can't forget my casting choice! This was another fun one for me to cast... ;) 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment