Saturday, March 5, 2016

Weekend Ramblings #3


Are you ready for another Weekend Ramblings a la KJ?!

Well then... let's get ready to raaaaammmmmbbbbbllllleeeee!!!!!

This week's rambling topic is...

*Comfort Reading*

The last couple of weeks have been pretty crappy for me. From getting yelled about things way beyond my control, to my driver's seat no longer moving forward and now has to go into the shop, to killing not only one but TWO seagulls on my way to work on Thursday (I swear I did not mean to kill them! I even swerved into on coming traffic to miss those suicidal birds!), and hoping my crazy neighbor who lives below me didn't start a brawl in in the parking lot over his cat breaking out of the screen to get to another cat, it's just been tough!

There are times that life is just too much and I need a break from reality. These breaks come in the form of READING! Being able to escape life, even just for a short period of time, does this girl A LOT of good! Since this weekend calls for rain (and I'm REALLY hoping we get some!), I am going to be curling up and doing nothing but reading! Not sure what I want to read just yet but I do want to finish at least one book. The question is... do I pick a new book or grab one of my all time favorites/go to books? Hmmm... decisions... decisions... decisions... ;)

What about you? What do you do when you need a break from reality? Do you try and get some reading in? Do you read a specific genre? An old favorite? A new book? What are some of your go to's? 

Inquiring mind want to know! So come on party people... let's rrrrraaaaammmmmbbbbbllllleeeee!! ;)  

7 Comments:

  1. I love to read and write when I need a reality break. I find myself reaching for the Harry Potter series or Jane Austen when I need a serious escape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confession... I have not read Harry Potter yet. *ducks head* I know.. it's an abomination in the reading world. It is on my reading challenge for this year though. ;)

      Delete
  2. By the way, I hope this coming week is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! I'm mentally and emotionally drained! Like I told one of my friends at work... it can only get better from here! :)

      Delete
  3. I don't think I have a go to book. I do occasionally like to re-read old favorites though. A book will pop into my head and I'll want to read it again. I'll have to think about it some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should've said a go to author I stead of a book. There's just too many amazing choices out there to choose one book! Off the top of my head I have Jennifer Peel, Shelly Crane, Shannon Guymon, Tracey Jane Jackson... the list can go on and on! Haha.

      Delete
  4. I don't have a favorite book or author that I go to when I need a little comfort. Like Kath, something will pop into my mind and I'll re-read that. Sometimes, I'm in the mood for certain genres and I'll go through my goodreads list and look for books that were favorites and re-read those. I mostly just move on to something new, something recommended, etc.

    ReplyDelete